is there speaker wire running to the empty door speaker bay?

AxlCrucifix

im just wondering if there is already wire running in there or not, i know speakers dont come in there from the factory, i just wanna know if theres wire there for speakers or not before i go through the hassle of removing my door panels :sad:

He could be talking about the front doors in an 88-93, and unless you have premium sound, no. Nothing's in the doors.

i have premium sound

(the switch on the drivers door)

and its a 91 GP

two door

so whats the diagnosis?

yes there was. Its easier for GM to just put it in all cars then some with and some without. if you look at the pigtails at the deck, youll see that if you dont have the premium sound, youll see more wires go to the pigtail than what actually go into the deck.

Strange that a '91 would have the Performance Sound switch on the door.. that was a pre-90 only thing.. weird.

Anyhow, if you have the speaker grilles on the door, then there should be speakers inside of them. There's no reason why there wouldn't be, unless some previous owner took them out. Wiring should be there too.

Strange that a '91 would have the Performance Sound switch on the door.. that was a pre-90 only thing.. weird.

Anyhow, if you have the speaker grilles on the door, then there should be speakers inside of them. There's no reason why there wouldn't be, unless some previous owner took them out. Wiring should be there too.

jeez i wish i had seen that before i went through the hassle of getting the door panel off

holy PISS its a tedious job to get the damn panel off

so yeah theres wire and a 4x6 speaker there

the 6 1/4 speakers i had for it dont fit

so ill put those in the dash i spose and get some 4x6's for the doors

although, with new 6x9's in the back, and stock door and dash speakers with performance cound it sounds pretty damn sweet.

if i do the door speakers ill wanna do the dash ones too but they;re gonna be a BITCH to replace cause ill prolly have to take off the entire dash :neutral:

The dash has the same 4x6's in it.

The dash is EASY to pull off on a non-HUD GP. Two screws above the gauge cluster and one 7mm bolt in the glove box. Swing the door down and look up into one of the access holes. You should see a 7mm screw in there. Remove it and push up on the dash. Easy as pie.