Climate control

kfahn

I am trying to figure out what would be neccessary in order to convert the heating system in my car (a 95' Grand PRix SE) to the electronic climate control out of a 97' and up Grand Prix system. Is it possible...what may be included/needed in order to do the transfer, any informaiton would be greatly appreciated!!!

Even comments on whether you think it's worth it would be appreciated

I, personally, would hate that electronic climate control. My buddy has it in his '97 GT. It's really annoying when I want to use it. With my current one, say I want AC, blowing on the floor. Turn the knob. Done. Now if I try to do the same thing with the electronic gizmo, I gotta turn the temperature control down to some certain temp, scroll thru the fan selections a bunch of times, hope to God I don't scroll by it, then quickly turn down the fan as it's going to start on hyper-blast speed in a few seconds. Bah. Don't like it.

I'd assume it would be tough. Nothing is impossible. But I have no idea.. just assumptions.

I think it'd be possible, but the wiring may be difficult. Especially when you're taking something from a Gen2 and installing it into a Gen1. That is, unless you take the Gen1 electronic climate control and use that. I think the Cutlass Supreme had electronic climate control, but I'm not too sure.

i'm with you on that one supreme_style21. electronic climate control in newer GPs is a hairy pain in the a$$. the only electronic climate control that i haven't griped about is the system that's in my Mom's 2001 Intrepid ES. it can be on auto control, but you can also run the system manually.