rear bench seat, 92 cut vert

sclary18

Does anyone out there have or had the rear bench seat in there cutlass supreme? I have the stock bench seat sitting in my basement after I found the rear bucket seats out of a 93 vert at the junkyard. Looking on this site and seeing that almost everyone has the bucket seats, I am actually thinking about converting my seats back to the bench seat.. what do you guys think?

nope, i think only the 92s didnt.. kinda like how my car doesnt have the spoiler, the tail lights are smooth and not bent up, and also my reverse lights are different, personally though, i love my reverse lights, and tail lights alot better!

I like the lip spoiler/lights, but i think red is one of the few cars that I like without. as for the buckets, keep em. i have so many people ask me if I added them. it may be stock, but its more unique than having the bench (at least to the common person, or if talking about cutlasses in general)

didnt all verts come with buckets?

What hood have you been living under? :lol:

nope, i think only the 92s didnt.. kinda like how my car doesnt have the spoiler, the tail lights are smooth and not bent up, and also my reverse lights are different, personally though, i love my reverse lights, and tail lights alot better!

ok here goes again.... rear buckets come only on 3.4 powered verts... except for the 95 models; as near as we can tell, they deleted the bucket option in 95. Someone thought it might be to prevent overloading the car so as to meet federal braking standards.

Also, early CS's (such as 88 internationals, includ9ing the pace car vert and replicas) had rear bucket seats availible.

the lip spoiler is standard on 3.4 verts, along with a body colored reverse bar.

which brings up a stupid question... bucket in 3.4 coupes. existant or not?

Rear buckets were only available on 1993-94 3.4 convertibles.

I am going to replace my seats as well. I want to find a set of cloth 1992-93 Int'l seats (front and rear buckets) for her. There's a guy here that has them in his black 1992 coupe but he won't let them go... I've only seen one other set and they were in a 1993 Int'l in MN.

Right now I have a set of gray 1995 GP seats in it now but they are hideous. They were cheap, much better than ripped leather and had no holes. I'm changing my interior color from red to gray.

Ken - 1992-93 Internationals had rear buckets.

DUH! I knew that.... let me rephrase my question. did they have the conventional rear seats? or just the AQ9's? were they standard buckets in the 3.4? or???

You keep forgetting that i have a set of cloth seats waiting for you! unless you mean that the internationals had a different cloth? they are from a 93 or 94 CS.... and really do say happy holidays in the printing stamped on the foam. No joke!

and really do say happy holidays in the printing stamped on the foam. No joke!

ok, get some pics, or let me know when youre going to be back in noblestucky so I can come see

ok. the ones i have are the more basic types with the stiching in the patches. and I have a cloth rear bench, not the rear bucket. better than nothing!

but what was said above about the 92 verts have no buckets.... would match the coupes.

last try for the correctly worded

would a 93 or 94 3.4 coupe (hell what about the sedans?) have nonAQ9 rear buckets?

hey, i've never actually seen the backseat of a early cutlass vert, so i had no idea!!! LAY OFF ME!

geez! the smiley was to show I was only poking fun at you! You'll have to wait till I drive through your neck of the woods. Everyone else has seen it! your turn next!

hey, i've never actually seen the backseat of a early cutlass vert, so i had no idea!!! LAY OFF ME!

Calm down matt, have some dip.

And Ken, to your ? - Again, as far as I know only Internationals and 3.4 convertibles got rear buckets.

still pondering if AQ9 only in coupes or not......

I have seen 1 International Sedan that had AQ9s in it. They were for sure for a sedan, because they didnt have the release latch or hinges to fold forward. Also, the rear seat, which was a bench had the same styling as the front seats did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsmobile-Cutlass-1992-Olds-Cutlass-Supreme-VERY-GOOD-CONDITION_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6405QQihZ012QQitemZ220019783425QQrdZ1

just like that

I have seen 1 International Sedan that had AQ9s in it. They were for sure for a sedan, because they didnt have the release latch or hinges to fold forward. Also, the rear seat, which was a bench had the same styling as the front seats did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsmobile-Cutlass-1992-Olds-Cutlass-Supreme-VERY-GOOD-CONDITION_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6405QQihZ012QQitemZ220019783425QQrdZ1

just like that

wow! thanks for pointing that out! (ugly as f... IMO, but good knowledge)