rocker sill panels?

GPdriver1986

Hello guys,

This weekend I was looking at purchasing a 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix SE , 110k miles, for 700$ Canadian. BUT there is one problem , the rocker sill panels are terribly rusted. Are the rocker sill panels removal? If not does anyone have rust removal tips for me?

I appreciate the help

This weekend I was looking at purchasing a 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix SE , 110k miles, for 700$ Canadian. BUT there is one problem , the rocker sill panels are terribly rusted. Are the rocker sill panels removal? If not does anyone have rust removal tips for me?

Is it just the plate covering it? If so, find some plastic replacements.

If it's the acutally rocker sill, there's going to more work involved since it's par of the body. Metal that thin can be fixed, but in most cases you more than likely (if completely rusted thru) is to weld on a new panel. If just surface rust, do your best to gring and get to bare metal: rust is like cancer, if it's not all removed it will come back! Best of luck!

- RedFox340

Best place to check would be a junkyard. Locate another W-Body and you should be able to swap out new ones. Mine in my Cutlass are plastic... perhaps something to look for.

- RedFox340