Factory Seat Cover Removal Question ?? Follow up question ???

dhs1223

I am trying to remove the cloth seat covers from a 1994 - 1996 GP passenger bucket seat.

All has been going as I suspected with one exception.

The small lever on the seat back that is supposed to release the seat back so it folds forward for access to the back seat. (totally non-functional as I am sure we all know.) however, has anyone ever had to remove the little black plastic "knob" that protrudes through the seat back?

There is a little hole on the side of it, but I can not see any kind of fastener in the hole. I would like to remove the "knob" without damaging it so I can remove the seat cover without enlarging the hole the lever passes through.

This is an effort to get the seat foam parts out without any damage as I would like to use the seat foam parts for a re-upholstery project.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Follow up question??? - finally managed to get that little black knob off - it is rather distorted in shape now, but I will probably remove the lever anyway.

My next question is regarding the head rest. I have exposed the seat foam having peeled the upholstery back, but I can't figure out how to get the head rest to release so I can finish removing the seat back upholstery.

Does someone have a trick on how to release the head rest from the seat back ???

Thanks in advance.

I'm missing one of those knobs and have tried a bunch of times with no luck. I think what I will do next time (if i remember) is take a drill and drill it out, and then just use some kind of glue or something when I put it in

I am doing the same thing to my cutlass. I got two blue bucket seats to replace my red bench. My seats are in the shop now be reupholstered. As for that black knob, I think I used a hammer to pry it off. Then you take the headrest off, and there is a screw under the headrest.