Door Locks Not Locking?

Q-Ball

Well, on the weekend I went to get a car starter/keyless entry/alarm installed. They called me and said they couldnt do the locks and starter(its dying). But the alarm is ready to go. The problem with my locks is, sometimes they work and sometimes they dont. It's really pissing me off. I've tried different switches, but it does nothing. How can you find a short? We originally just thought it was the lock's motor, but after a few lock/unlock they stop working. No sound or movement from each door. As if the switch has been unplugged. I need to get my locks/starter fixed before they will continue to install the keyless/remote starter.

Thanks.

I came up with a brilliant idea at work today! Well, I'm gonna goto the wreckers with my Booster pack. Connect that as the battery, and test out the locks and everything. If it all works, I'm gonna take off the panels and take the whole pigtail of wire! I'll also try this for the AQ9 Controls.

Probably a short in the boot between the door and firewall area....most breaks happen around that area because of the door opening and cllosing all the time...

Yeah I bet your right. Well I went to the wreckers after work with my booster. No luck. Appearently all the cars starters and good alt's are taken out and all the wiring gets cut. Best thing I can do is take it out and try it in mine.