GEN I clear tails

GrandPrix34

269974_23_full.jpg

can someone pleaz help me out. I know how to open the rear tail lights to remove the color already on there, but wat material is also used to make the clear tails?

It's those lenses than is used on most offices flourescent lighting. Go to your local Home Depot and go to the lighting accessories and you'll find it there.

The home depot employess probably roll over laughing every time a kid comes in and just needs a half foot long piece of that lens.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

um i honestly think clear tails on a GP looks like crap. The 88-96 tailights are the coolest looking tailights ive ever seen on any car EVER.................EVER I would never modify them. i cant describe how perfectly designed they are. words cannot describe. i like them even better than cars with the LED tailights or anything else. dont clear them! i think its looks ricey. i am not raggin at all im just laying down one of my very strong opinions

If you really want to clear your tail lights, there is a member of the WI club that did his own. They don't look too bad....but I still wouldn't clear mine.

You can kinda see a pic of his tail in his sig:

grasssig.jpg

i dunno about you, but if i were to clear my tails, i would remove the original ones and keep them.....that's the safest bet. then i'd get identical ones from a J/Y (there's always at least one sedan a lot like mine when i'm there) and i'd clear the j/y ones out.....that way i still have original equipment to return it to EXACTLY the way it was. I'm a lil anile that way.

i dunno about you, but if i were to clear my tails, i would remove the original ones and keep them.....that's the safest bet. then i'd get identical ones from a J/Y (there's always at least one sedan a lot like mine when i'm there) and i'd clear the j/y ones out.....that way i still have original equipment to return it to EXACTLY the way it was. I'm a lil anile that way.

I'm like that too... before I color match my front light bezels and the back-up assembly, I found "replacements" from a junkyard first. I could back the originals if the finished products didn't turn out good or look bad. It's something good to consider...

- RedFox340

how about this idea...YOU DON'T NEED CEILING LIGHT PANEL!!! just open the lights up, remove the film, silicone it shut! ...oh wait, put new LEDs in to get the colors you wish to have.

the only thing i've seen ceiling light paneling used for on GPs, is to create custom turn signal and reflector lenses for the bumpers.

how about this idea...YOU DON'T NEED CEILING LIGHT PANEL!!! just open the lights up, remove the film, silicone it shut! ...oh wait, put new LEDs in to get the colors you wish to have.

Depends if you like the open bulb look... in which this case I prefer not like that.

GrandPrix34, it's up to you! Best of luck and post some pictures when you're done!

- RedFox340

Depends if you like the open bulb look... in which this case I prefer not like that.

GrandPrix34, it's up to you! Best of luck and post some pictures when you're done!

- RedFox340

yeah, well, i just don't like clear tail lenses on Grand Prixs at all...so i am biased in every aspect.

Did you guys see that blue cutlass on car domain with the clear home made tail lights.I think his is a 89 cutty.I didnt like them.To much like rice a ronie for me.

Did you guys see that blue cutlass on car domain with the clear home made tail lights.I think his is a 89 cutty.I didnt like them.To much like rice a ronie for me.

You talking about this cuttlass I take it.....

217528_7.jpg

thats one set the guy has made, here is another set.....

217528_14.jpg

I don't know, I like the bottom ones, they look good being dark, and on a dark car, but I think the top one lookes kinda bad on the blue car, now on a white car, that is a different story. Either way I give the guy credit for being able to make those and everything.