another beautiful powder mount install

pwmin

that looks awesome. :thumb: did you have to modify it any to get it to fit perfectly? how is the Quality?

For the price they charge... the quality should be impecable... considering that the ones you pick up for $20 are half decent and get the job done...

Jamie

how much do they charge?

According to the website they start at $50 and go up from there...

Add or subtract $5 for placement of lettering

Add $15-$20 if you want the lettering illuminated

Add up to $10 for different wording

Add $15 if you want a brushed aluminum finish rather than black

The one I would want would work out around $90!

The only thing that works for me is they are Based in Ontario... so the price MIGHT be in Canadian

Jamie

i just got a "regular" one, so it was like 55 shipped. yeah, the other ones are cheaper, but they look like complete shit and most dont have the pieces to mount them flush.

The HU I currently have wouldn't mount flush anyways. As it is, to get the RCAs on the back for the subs I had to take a dremel to some plastic in the dash, I cut away as much as I could without hitting anything that looked structural (obviously its hard to tell what exactly IS structural) and even now its a TIGHT fit getting it in there...

But if I wanted to mount mine flush I would have to start cutting into metal in behind there...

As for the looks... with a little bit of paint I don't think mine looks like ass

2129853_59_full.jpg

One day when I get the nerve up to attempt some fiberglassing in my car, the surround peice will be modified to be closer to the edges of the HU...

Jamie

painted interiors are FTL.. I cannot wait to go back to stock.

Some people like them, some people don't... I'm not doing it for some people, I'm doing it for me...

Although I have stopped painting parts red... I've recently thought about doing a body color change that the red will not go with at all... I may end up having all the interior redone at a body shop and baked in black if I go with a color change. (considering Met. Black, Met. Silver, Dark Met. Red, and Sunburst Orange, in that order)

Black will be a lot more subtle in the interior than the red if I go with 3 of the 4 choices...

Jamie

will those work for my 95 regal?

You need to order one for a 00+ Monte, and have him make your logo custom.

I paid $80 for mine. Mine has the brushed aluminum finish with red illumination.

On the subject of "quality," after removing the stereo a few times, the mounting tabs on the left side broke completely off. I had to fab up a set of metal tabs to screw into the side of the mount. Otherwise, you can't get that type of slick look "off the rack" and the compliments I get are numerous.

huon.jpg

Oh, and since he didn't provide the address, here it is:

http://www.humount.com

That looks awesome!

He did give the address, its at the very begining of his post

Jamie

Oops, had to go and read that over again :redface: . Still gotta plug his site when I have the chance, though. Oh, and thanks for the compliment!

even though they don't list them, will any of those kits work for mounting a HU in an 89 GP??

E-mail the guy. He says straight out that if your car isn't listed, drop him a line and he'll be willing to work with you...

• 2 weeks later...

even though they don't list them, will any of those kits work for mounting a HU in an 89 GP??

'89's have that stupid dual-deck system. You'd have to put the '90+ piece in before you could even consider using the HUMount kit. Even then, I'm not sure if there's enough room behind the headunit for an aftermarket deck to sit flush.