Need some help with a burn out...

CSI_MuNkY

Thats right... I need help doing a burn out...

A few days ago in the "W-Body Video Round 2...who's IN!?" thread I told terryk2003 I'd attempt to get a vid of me doing a burn out...

Today Jason (Q-ball) and I went about 15 minutes outside the city in the middle of no where to give it a shot...

I attempted... I failed....

I've done successfull burn outs in the past but never in a front wheel drive vehicle... All I managed to do today was drag my rear tires along for 50 feet and give Q-ball something to laugh at...

Whats the best way to do a burn out in a front wheel drive car? I thought about maybe putting some sort of block infront of the rear wheels on top of the e-brake, but dunno if that would work. Also thought about doing it on a hill, but the trick there would be finding a steep hill outside of town to do it on...

Jamie

and no Jason... I WON'T post the video, besides, you don't want everyone here seeing you fall into a ditch do you? lol

Well, he is going to need a new tranny when he does his L36 + Turbo swap anyways. Might as well have a little fun with what ya got now. Someday, you'll be able to do this. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :wink:

Right now I want to know, not so I can go out and try it again (winter tires gotta go on soon and I'm not burning them up) but more so if I don't find out its gonna bug the hell out of me...

But if all I'm gonna get is people saying "You're a moron for risking total transmission failure just to show off." then someone might as well lock this puppy up...

I do have to hand one thing to the LQ1 though... it had no problem towing the locked up rear wheels....

Jamie

unless you soak your tires in bleach or tire shine your not gonna have enough low end to effectively spin em while standing still especially if you have ANY amont of tread left on your front tires, and besides it is very bad for the tranny, especially if you think you doing a nice burnout when you get them going and it turns out your doing a one wheel wonder. kiss your spider gears good bye. people keep askin "how do i do a burnout?" i either want to say go buy a rear wheel drive car or, park your front bumper against a wall and let er rip, cause either way chances are if your front wheel drive eventually your gonna fuck something up

At least spray water or SOMETHING on the tires... once they get spinning they'll be fine.

..... says Mr.-Holy-Shit-Look-At-These-Chunks-From-My-Transmission-Pan.

:lol: :lol: :joke:

LOL!

i still say put her against a wall and give 'er

That would certainly make Q-ball happy, hes been trying to unload a front bumper on me for a week now! lol

Jamie

:lol: how much does he want for it... might make for a good video but search out a tranny while your at it'

Hmmmm, maybe next year, when I can afford to do the engine swap... then I'll do an ultimate burnout video and burn the tires right off it (if the tranny lasts)

Jamie

The gears in the differential of my tranny are probably in rough shape considering how many attempted burn outs I've done...all I can usually do it chirp the tires a bit....rain is a differnt story...and it's only the front right wheel spinning too lol....pretty sweet....

Don't worry guys when I blow the tranny finally I'll be on here complaining..even though I was warned.

Plus my car didn't come with a factory valence, so the tranny is doomed either way

i broke them loose in the rain the other day :lol: It's weird, because I used to be able to break them loose all the time. I think with the new engine/intake combo (and actually being timed right) i dont have the low end torque, but have all the power that I should have had all along

I always did drop nuatrals but i broke 2 axle shafts easy fix but not cheap if you want to smoke tires and dont care about the end resault. Put it in N put foot to floor red line it Slam gear into 1st. It will shake and mabie break. Its up to you.

I always did drop nuatrals but i broke 2 axle shafts easy fix but not cheap if you want to smoke tires and dont care about the end resault. Put it in N put foot to floor red line it Slam gear into 1st. It will shake and mabie break. Its up to you.

yeah... how about no? MAYBE when I can afford my engine/tranny swap... might make for some good video footage... then again the sale of the engine might make up for some of the costs involved in buying a new engine...

Jamie

ONe everynow and then wont brake it if you dont beat the car. It took 4-5months for the first to break doing one 1 or 2 drops in a week. The tranny is good yet and so is the motor.