Want to fix my car no $$$$

5speedz34

I dunnon man, that's a tough call. Personally, I wouldn't what to do. Weigh your options for doing it vs. not doing it.

Well I plan on keeping this car a long time, but I really want to do a full restoration on it too. Probably close to 10k into it.

having that money avaliable for a downpayment on a house down the road makes more sense to me then a car at the moment. and i don't know what your situation with schooling is as far as tution goes, but that money could do a long way towards either an education or a house someday.

way i see it tony, that cars been sitting for about a year now, you know theres several of us that would have no problem driving up there for the cost of some gas and some whitecastle. and get that thing back alive in about a weekends time, all it really needs is the manifolds reinstalled, a battery (that you have already?) and a few odds and ends and you are back in business, that car is hella clean, and then you can take the car to get that lovely new dent repaired.

i know theres tons of things that you want to do to it, and thats all fine and well, but getting it running would be top priority then do the other things as time/money allows.

yeah theres gotta be some other way than dipping into that reserve. and white castle is a totally accepted form of payment, i can vouch

i agree, when you get into fixing it, make sure you let me know.

I would only take out enough to fix whatever is mandatory to keep it drivable.

Otherwise, don't touch it. A car is not an investment. I agree with saving it for a house, a house would be a good investment.

don;t tap into that nest egg.

go out on some auto 3.4 headers and start working out the isues with the car.

right now, I would add gas stabilizer or gas restorer to the car.... and remove as much gas as can reasonably done by disconnecting a fuel line and sticking a clear hose on the end of the line, into a jug, and running the pump off the red fuel test connector. monitor it and stop the moment the fuel starts to bubble. add a gallon of premium and drive to a gas station.

Tony your a great friend of mine and have been for 2-3-4 who knows how many years, but if you dip in that nest egg for over a few grand i'd have to smack you. With how the economy is in Mich and how u have at least 4 years more of school, it'd be one of the dumbest decisions you could make. Be happy you have that cash sitting for a house downpayment, save it bro, it'd be in your best intrest.

I think you should buy a house first, and then do work on your car as time allows. To me, even though I am car geek in every sense, an education or house is more important.

:werd: to the above.

Taking money out of your savings would be a bad move, especially throwing it away on a car that isn't worth anything nor will it ever be. If it was a Corvette or a Trans Am at least you could re-sell it and get most of your money back. Save the money for a house!

no money = GET A JOB

How 'bout I have a job fuckhead.

Yeah, I mean like I said I don't plan on selling the car, and honestly, I'm not looking to make money on it either.

I still don't understand how you have no money.

You work at CVS and Wal-Mart both of which are decent paying jobs and you work like 20-25 hours a week right?

I know all you have to pay for is gas because you go to Macomb and it's like 1,000 for a semeester there, your parents pay your cell phone bill, you drive your Dad's truck, your parents cover the insurance, you live at home so no groceries or rent or water/gas/electrical.

I mean god damn, WTF are you spending money on. Shit your probably pulling in more money than me a week (I pull in about $200 a week) and even I have money and I have a shitload of bills!

I'm not dissing on you and believe me I would like to be in your situation because it is a smart one.

Well some people do try and save some money here and there when they can ( not sure if he is or not but still ) Like me, my paycheck is bi-weely and usually bring home ~$400. I usually put $300 of it away and dont touch it. So that leaves me $100 for two weeks for gas, food, and whatever else I want.

I still don't understand how you have no money.

You work at CVS and Wal-Mart both of which are decent paying jobs and you work like 20-25 hours a week right?

I know all you have to pay for is gas because you go to Macomb and it's like 1,000 for a semeester there, your parents pay your cell phone bill, you drive your Dad's truck, your parents cover the insurance, you live at home so no groceries or rent or water/gas/electrical.

I mean god damn, WTF are you spending money on. Shit your probably pulling in more money than me a week (I pull in about $200 a week) and even I have money and I have a shitload of bills!

I'm not dissing on you and believe me I would like to be in your situation because it is a smart one.

I work at CVS 3 hours a week at $7.75 an hour. Usually its $20-30 in my pocket. Wal-Mart I work 24 hours a week there but I take alot of weekends off just because this time of the year is busy for me. Yes, the only expense I have is gas, and the rubbers for boning your mother. JK.

Anyways, so yeah I mean I don't have a set expense other than gas, but I mean food is a big one since there is little to no groceries in our house.

That and you eat alot of fast food (so do I) but you probably buy the expensive shit! My bill at McD's is only like $4 when I go there.

Buy someramen noodles, mac n cheese, or inexpensive shit to fill you up.

I bought 20 boxes of mac n cheese for $10 yesterday!