1989 Cutlass Premium sound amplifier installation help?

Justin

My 89 CS has the factory amp, with the bass adjust slider under the fog light button. I am hooking up a small amp and 8" sub tube, and was planning to use high level inputs. Now I noticed my rear speakers have 4 wires to each one, which ones do I use? I have a wiring diagram, I know the blue/white and blue/black say sub out, and the other 2 are regular speaker out, do I need to run speaker wires to the back? If that's the case, I'll just run RCA's. I do have an aftermarket deck, I'm just too lazy to run the cables. But if that's what's needed, I guess I'll have to. Also, anyone else that has the premium 4 wire speakers, does your bass slider seem to do anything? Mine sure doesn't.

Mine doesn't do squat, when hooking up the highlevel inputs i used the yellow and brown wire on one side and the other side i think is dark blue and light blue.

I just bought a 1997 Cutlass Supreme. I have the four wires going to each speaker to. Do I have an extra amp somewhere. If it does where is it? :?:

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL Series II

Yeah, I would guess you do, as to the location, I know the amp for the 89 is supposed to be under the dash, near the steering shaft. So under that black panel on the drivers side. As for a 97, since they changed the dash, I'd look there first, but it could be anywhere. My 92 Z34 has a bose amp hung between the rear 6X9s, but you would have seen that when you saw your 4 wire speakers.