pic request - dual exhaust cutouts

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

can anyone post up some pics of the factory rear bumper cutouts for dual exhaust equipt Cutlass Supremes?

i just installed the dual exhuast 'Y' pipe from my old Turbo STE, and now i need to cut my rear bumper. i want to get it as close to factory looking as possible.

thanks

can anyone post up some pics of the factory rear bumper cutouts for dual exhaust equipt Cutlass Supremes?

i just installed the dual exhuast 'Y' pipe from my old Turbo STE, and now i need to cut my rear bumper. i want to get it as close to factory looking as possible.

thanks

Are you/did you keep the stupid muffler plumbing?

Guest TurboSedan

i already cut out the old stuff and threw it away (the pipe that ran over above the rear subframe). i already installed the TSTE dual outlet exhaust in the Cutlass (well...it's not quite done).

this is what i replaced it with:

DSC02858.JPG

it runs under the rear subframe. the pipe is all good but the mufflers are obviously rusted...but they will be gone soon. i'm not sure if i'll keep the TSTE tips or not yet.

thanks for the pics guys, but i was hoping to get a pic of a sedan rear bumper that already has the factory dual cutouts (like from an International sedan). i'll get pics of mine tomarrow. basically mine still has the single outlet stock rear bumper with BYP skirting that i added (the black piece that hangs down). the BYP skirting is also single outlet :confused: on top of that, the BYP skirting & bumper cutouts don't match at all. it's hard to explain how it looks without pics but i'll get some tomarrow.

thanks again.

Guest TurboSedan

ok here is my problem. the exhust cutout on the bumper itself is not as wide as the cutout on the BYP skirting i installed:

DSC02879.JPG

i guess i'm just going ot have to cut the bumper out larger to match the BYP skirting.

DSC02880.JPG

obviously i can't mount the drivers side muffler/pipe yet until i cut the bumper. i'm just going to copy the passenger side. i would really like to make it look as factory as possible so if anyone has some pics they can post i'd appreciate it :smile:

later on i want to go with 3" round tips on both sides. i won't be doing that until the whole exhuast is 3" mandrel bent though.