Subframe

RobertISaar

does anybody make subframe connectors for a 95 Monte? i got a 85 IROC-Z and am going to get bolt-in connectors because i won't have to move springs and bother with that. i realized that the monte is a uni-body and if i'm going to boost/swap the engine i might as well stiffen up the frame.

Are you converting your Monte to RWD? Otherwise I don't see the point of installing subframe connectors in a FWD car. There isn't any chance of you tweaking the frame by adding more power to the front wheels, so I think all you'd be doing is adding unnecessary weight to the car...

Are you converting your Monte to RWD? Otherwise I don't see the point of installing subframe connectors in a FWD car. There isn't any chance of you tweaking the frame by adding more power to the front wheels, so I think all you'd be doing is adding unnecessary weight to the car...

i was and still am seriously considering converting to RWD, but if i don't i still want to add them just in case the floorpan gets too rusted to keep it in one piece. besides, if i ever wreck it, and believe me i do NOT want to do that, i'd rather have a full frame than have a unibody.

i was and still am seriously considering converting to RWD, but if i don't i still want to add them just in case the floorpan gets too rusted to keep it in one piece. besides, if i ever wreck it, and believe me i do NOT want to do that, i'd rather have a full frame than have a unibody.

These floorpans won't rust. It would very hard for them to rust straight through. I mean this isn't the 70's.

These floorpans won't rust. It would very hard for them to rust straight through. I mean this isn't the 70's.

i don't seem to have very good luck when it comes to problems with the Monte.

Well, it's not like those cars are a dime a dozen or anything :lol: ...

the next one would have a 90* V6 setup from the factory(98-99 Z34) with a blower and going through a limited slip differential...or really go nuts and make a "Fiero Carlo" or "Monte Fiero"...or do something that would really stick me in the nut house: a 300HP turboed/supercharged(not decided yet) 231ci(3.8) in the front and back, making the Monte an on demand 600HP 4 wheel drive monster... i dub it the Monte Carlo XS

god thats cool. only runs a high 13 though? i know its a lot more weight added with an extra 240-260 HP. brings up a good question:whats the cheapest transaxle that has Limited-Slip and how much torque will it stand up to? i'll get two of those, two L67s, and try all the fab work myself but the only real difference, other than dropping the 3100, would be to maybe get rid of the second shifter. not sure how to keep one one transmission in drive and the other in neutral(when its off) at the same time... or do a real sleeper look and hide it in the center armrest in my Monte :mrgreen:. depending on the gear ratios(of the transmission i mentioned above) what kind of fuel economy does a stock L67 get? and would i be able to run the highest gear in the front and the lowest gear in the back for a lot of bottom and top end? or would it turn my clutches into junkyard food?