Junkyard field day

RareGMFan

So me, my sis, Sean and his buddy Jed went to Pick N' Pull's half price weekend sale yesterday. They have 2 yards, the first of which was a disappointment. Hadn't been there in quite some time, and the GM section was quite smaller than it used to be. I did snag a '94 - '96 complete HUD set-up, though. Then we hoped over to the IN location. There, I had a field day.

There were 3 Cutty convertibles, 2 of which had front STB's that I snagged, a set of '94 & up GP steering wheel controls, a nearly mint driver's side taillight for the TGP, a Donnelly self-dimming mirror with maplights, a Gentex self-dimming mirror with compass, and a Gentex self-dimming mirror with maplights. There were also 3 Cuttys in there with HUD! One gen I style, and 2 gen II's. I passed on those due to time restrictions, and the fact that we were starving. All in all, not a bad day.

Lord Bowler, Never Satisfied, FordBoy - I might be, don't know how soon. If there's something you guys need, tell me (and if at all possible, get photos), let me know what the max you want to spend on it is, and let me see what I can do. Keep in mind Im not promising anything. This yard is 45 minutes each way, and I've got a lot on my plate right now.

Grand Moff Joseph - 1. Of course 2. I'm not sure what I'm keeping, and what I'm selling yet. But I have DOZENS of rearview mirrors of all styles stashed away in my Public Storage space. One of these days, when I have the time and space to pull the box they're in out of there, I'll sort through them and start selling what I don't want.

Justin - I'm not sure what they'll want, but I know it won't be very cheap. They get some phenomenal cars in, but unfortunately, they're over-priced on most of their stuff. They have a price list on the wall showing the range of prices of everything, but every time I get something, they charge the maximum price. One of these days, I'm going to ask them which parts exactly are on the low end of that list. I never go there unless it's one of their 1/2 price sales like this past weekend, which brings their prices down to where they should be STARTING at. If you're still interested, I can see what they want if I go back.

Bossman429 - lol, let me see what I'm going to do with the cars, first.

Thats fine i got a few yard here for me to grab shit. No need for you to be running all over to look for stuff you dont need If they even have it. But thanks anyway. (didnt know you were that far from the yard).

Sounds good, shoot me a price sometime and I'll let you know, it's not like it's a life or death thing. I'd be looking for the HUD and the piece that the dimmer mounts to, since I never did get that piece when I got my original HUD. Thanks.

Did any of those CS with HUDs have a strait dash. What I mean about a strait dash is not warped around the defrost vent. When I installed my HUD I cut a hole in the dash to make it fit. Because of the cuts the air flow from the defrost don't work like it should.

and sean lemme guess it was a GP??

lol, yes. It was a 2nd gen GP SE

Did any of those CS with HUDs have a strait dash. What I mean about a strait dash is not warped around the defrost vent. When I installed my HUD I cut a hole in the dash to make it fit. Because of the cuts the air flow from the defrost don't work like it should.

One of the convertables with a HUD had a fairly straight dash around the vent. it wasn't perfect, but the warpage was sticking up less than a 1/2" IIRC.

Any newer Cutlass' with interiors like mine (the newer style)

None that I remember

• 5 months later...

darn, I was hoping to hear where this was to go get some stuff :willynilly: STFU NOOOWB!

Ken, you free friday? I was gonna pick up a shift at work, but if you wanna hit a new yard...

crazy K needs a 95 convertibel switch.... as if those verts were still there :(

Check that ebay auction in Illinois.

I made a bid and he declined it. :P I should try again.