HVAC Fan Speed Quark...

runt

Alright, so I've noticed the past few mornings with the defog set on "3" it was pushing quite a bit of air. Enough to make me warm. So I could put it on "2". Now after a few more miles it would get chilly so I'd put it back up to "3", and would repeat the same thing as above.

So I took a road trip this weekend and tried with the A/C, and sure as shit, speed 1 and 2 are the same, with 3-5 getting faster, etc. I vagely remember a problem like this being something with a Vacuum leak but figured I should at least ask before spending too much time looking for one, b/c honestly I would have NO idea where to start.

Sorry if my grammar sucks it's late and I'm off to bed. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Jeremy

I do not believe the fan speed is controlled by vacuum. What you are describing sound like the blower motor resistor. It is in the blower box, mounted either under the hood, or in the passengers floor area. It has about a half dozen wires with one connector, and is about the size of a pager.