lowering my car

sniperi311

i was wondering if anyone knows what it would take, and how much it would possibly cost to lower my car, i have a 93 olds cutlass supreme ls, if you need to know anything else or if theres any links i could go to to help it would be appreciated thanx

Hey, I am not sure of sites, but I know other people will tell you to use the "search" function at the top of the page. It can be useful when used correctly. As for site, I don't know, I think fwdperformance.com has them, but not sure if that's the right URL for it. Anyways I'm sure others will be able to help you more.

I had emailed some place that has the rear coil-overs and asked about possible front coilovers. The guy that responded said that hopefully this summer he will have front ones available. Too bad I forget the website though.

suspension techniques front coils are readily available throughout the internet for the front. for the back, you can do a coil-over conversion, but many are sketchy on strut tower strength in the conversion. what i am doing, is waiting for the leaf from http://www.flex-a-form.com to get produced and i will by that and demo it on my car. so, front $90, rear, $300-$350...you're looking at $400 or so.

so when do the flex-a-form leafy's get done? :D :D

i went to their site and read up on their technology and i will admit they kinda have me bought! I k now the price is gonna be $300-$350, thats for both right (stupid :?: , i know). Who here has the ST front lowering springs on a GP and how does it look/feel?

jcwhitney has ST springs for $80. the only place to get coilovers is ffp and thats for the rear only. if you get he front eibach springs from rsmracing they give you instructions for lowering your rear by 1" without springs. I wish someone would buy their springs and give up the damnn secret. :evil:

someone had already given the secret..something about tighting the strut from under the car or something...someone wit more knowledge help me out...

it was a guy who was pissed off or seomthing who either said it here or on the GMF, Efi boards...i tried the search function but no luck so moderator, administrator, someone care to share some light

p.s.- oh yeah , that red haired guy wit the Cutlass (GT-R????) had given the instructions to someone here

my car doesnt have coil overs though, the strut and everything is one piece in the front, and i have that leaf spring thing in the back, would that make a difference? or im not sure

I hope that is a smaller oposing spring also and that its fiberglass not steel, but that seems like a good idea but the mounting seems allittle iffy.

What do you guys think?

so when do the flex-a-form leafy's get done? :D :D

i went to their site and read up on their technology and i will admit they kinda have me bought! I k now the price is gonna be $300-$350, thats for both right (stupid :?: , i know). Who here has the ST front lowering springs on a GP and how does it look/feel?

just e-mail the company to find out...last time i heard, was a couple weeks when i wrote them. ...and NO...not both...you're car only has one transverse mounted leaf if it's a 1st gen W-body. so it's for the one. i have the ST lowering springs on my car. they feel really nice. dropped my front end a good amount lower than the back...so i evened it out with the old box/subs/amp trick.

The rsm "secret" has to do with changing the format of the bushings that contact the leaf. Sorry thats not too detailed but I figured theyre way was bullshit so i didnt pay too much attention.

The rsm "secret" has to do with changing the format of the bushings that contact the leaf. Sorry thats not too detailed but I figured theyre way was bullshit so i didnt pay too much attention.

yeah, i heard about that crap too that's why i didn't mention it. anytime you gotta cut away from your car, that's a no go in my book.