shift indicator on a 1993 Lumina Z34

Bolt_Crank

...it doesn't work... and neither do my climate control lights (the ones that tell you what button you're pushing...)

anyway, what wires do I need to play with, or what else could be causing this?

...sorry for the stupid question...

Could be as easy as a fuse...

Or as hard as the early 90's electrical gremlin...

Double check all connections, bulbs, wires, fuses, etc.

You may be lucky to stumble across something easy, best of luck!

- RedFox340

well... I know it's not the fuses... since they're all good... (decided to check 'em all when I pulled the ECM fuse, for a quickie reset...)

guess I'll pull the dash open tomorrow :?

When I had my 94 Euro, the climate control dash lighting went dead to. I see alot of the older Lumi's with this problem. If you haven't already, you'll learn each and every button location, without even looking!. :lol:

Aaron

Do the rest of the dash lights work?

If they do, sounds like a case of a lot of burned out bulbs. The bulb for the shift indicator is easily replacable, but the climate controls are pretty complicated. If your good with desoldering and soldering in new bulbs it'll be a breeze though.

lol no.. not in a Lumina. It's just one little bulb. Open the center console, lift up on the black insert and remove it, remove the shifter handle, reach inside the console and push up on the black trim piece. It's all held in by 4 clips, they should all just pop out of place. Pull the bulb out, replace it and put it all back together.

ohhhh, there's one there too? O_o

I was talking about the 'lil thingy on the dash, to the left of the idiot lights... but I guess that's probably the same thing, but for the column shift... but, either way, Imma get it fixed! thanks :) (and in my bros tech manual, it says nothing about there being a bulb under there...)

ohhhh, there's one there too? O_o

I was talking about the 'lil thingy on the dash, to the left of the idiot lights... but I guess that's probably the same thing, but for the column shift... but, either way, Imma get it fixed! thanks :) (and in my bros tech manual, it says nothing about there being a bulb under there...)

Funny that I remember replacing the bulb on my console shift indicator on my '94 Euro! If you have console shift, there is NO INDICATOR on the dash. Do what Luke said, open the console, take that black inside out, and reach up underneath. Actually, if you take that black inside part out, you'll see the wire running to the bulb.

Aaron

Their not digital.. their mechanical.

To do that you'd have to get the actual gear display, and then locate (or make) a cable that will run from the cluster down to your shifter. I don't know how or where you would mount it down there, so that would take some brainstorming. I'm sure it could be done though, I thought many times about doing that in my Lumina.. just never acted on it, lol :?

lol, ain't laziness wonderful? :P

I'm probably gonna end up in the same boat as you.... wanting to do it, but never actually doing it...