My radiator core support arrived yesterday....

RJansen658

Yes! Finally got the new radiator core support.... it came by truck freight yesterday. It is coated in black primer, but is relatively light for its size. It cost $120 shipped to my door, and it is genuine GM.

Photo001-1.jpg

that really doesn't seem like such a bad price, I would've thought they were more.

I should've just bought a new one instead of trying in vain to sandblast mine :lol:

My core support was fine until the idiot tow truck driver hooked to it to pull the car onto a flatbed. The center got pulled down and now the cooling fans are unmounted at the bottom.

that is one hell of a chore to change them, theres about 6 million spot welds that have to be drilled out, just changing the lower part of mine was a easy 2-3 day task counting time to pull it from the parts car.

that is one hell of a chore to change them, theres about 6 million spot welds that have to be drilled out, just changing the lower part of mine was a easy 2-3 day task counting time to pull it from the parts car.

Really? Damn, I didn't think there where that many spot welds.

mine is bent in a few spots at the bottom from a tow truck as well, but i beat it back with a hammer :lol: its a bit bent, but its getting the job done still

Unless mine was replaced (which I doubt the catalyst sticker is still there), than my spot welds look like piss, especially when you look at my old Z34.

Just FYI, they make a special drill bit to drill out spot welds, just incase anyone was planning on replacing there own. Lemme see if I can find it.

EDIT: The drill bit is made by Blair. It is a spot weld drill bit.