I need my steering wheel controls back!

Q-Ball

Alright, basically I want to be able to use my controls with my Pioneer P5800MP Deck. I dont want the infrared signal. Is there anything out there that use wires up so I dont have to use infrared like a remote control?

Thanks!

Pretty easy, just 3 wires and 1 plug if I remember correctly.

+12V switched, Ground, and Remote wire input. The one plug is easy, it just plugs into the back of the HU.

I don't know the best place to get it, I bought mine from eBay.

Pretty easy, just 3 wires and 1 plug if I remember correctly.

+12V switched, Ground, and Remote wire input. The one plug is easy, it just plugs into the back of the HU.

I don't know the best place to get it, I bought mine from eBay.

How's it working? Just like going back to stock?

What did you end up paying??

Jamie

With shipping to Canada + Insurrance = C $70.45

So, like $73 American with the terrible exchange rate. :lol:

lol, no. It was $61.98 with insurrance/shipping.

Hmmm I would actualy consider this if my steering wheel controls weren't so buggered up in the first place...

Back when I had the stock HU in there when I turned the wheel to the left it would occasionally turn the volume down, when I turned it to the right it would switch to the radio.... and no, my hand was NOT touching the buttons, everyone pointed out I was probably touching them, so I drove around doing corners with only my finger tips till it did it...

Jamie

Hmmm I would actualy consider this if my steering wheel controls weren't so buggered up in the first place...

Back when I had the stock HU in there when I turned the wheel to the left it would occasionally turn the volume down, when I turned it to the right it would switch to the radio.... and no, my hand was NOT touching the buttons, everyone pointed out I was probably touching them, so I drove around doing corners with only my finger tips till it did it...

Jamie

Souds like your clockspring is pooched...

Souds like your clockspring is pooched...

Whatever THAT is.... lol

My plan now only consists of swapping out the steering wheel with controls for one that doesn't have them... The way I look at it is this, 8 times out of 10 I drive with one hand anyways, I can do without the steering wheel buttons for the same reason I do without the remote for my HU... I don't even have to fully extend my arm to change the song/volume/channel! Now if it was a truck or full size van I was driving where you practically have to lean over to change the channel and such, then yeah I could see its use...

Jamie

Clockspring is behind the steering wheel. It's the metal contacts from the wheel buttons to the contacts on the column.

Guess you haven't had to change your turn signal switch..... yet :lol:

The clockspring is a plastic "puck" that has a giant ribbon cable wound inside of it. It carries the airbag's wiring, and if you have steering wheel controls, they are piggybacked inside as well. The outer ring is held stationary, and the inner is attached to the steering shaft, so when you turn the wheel, it either winds up or unwinds depending on which way you're turning.

column2.jpg

That's a clockspring with the integral steering wheel control harness...