Anybody using Fuel Max or any Fuel expander?

Slade901

I do and I'm testing it for a month now and it "seems" to improve my gas mileage. When I get my ALDL connector and get software program to plot my vehicle performance I should be able to confirm it.

I think I'm using the 7,000 GAUSS designed for 4 Cylinder engines even though I have a V6 engine. I have purchase one for now and if there is a big improvement then I'll get two more for our other cars.

4 Cylinder engine suppose to use 7,000 Gauss.

6 Cylinder engine suppose to use 11,000 Gauss.

8 Cylinder engine suppose to use 16,000 Gauss.

I prefer hiring a Fuel Wizard. I had one cast a magic spell on my fuel tank and it seemed to work pretty well. I also dropped some Vitamin E in the fuel tank, that will prevent buildup and hardening of the fuel lines.

Last week I held an exorcism to exorcise a troublesome fuel injector, I think that helped some too.

I prefer hiring a Fuel Wizard. I had one cast a magic spell on my fuel tank and it seemed to work pretty well. I also dropped some Vitamin E in the fuel tank, that will prevent buildup and hardening of the fuel lines.

Last week I held an exorcism to exorcise a troublesome fuel injector, I think that helped some too.

now that's funny...an exorcism to exorcise a troublesome fuel injector... :lol:

Sorry to laugh, but actually i'm curious to what these devices are supposed to do. How do they work, or not work? I haven't heard of them before.

Sorry to laugh, but actually i'm curious to what these devices are supposed to do. How do they work, or not work? I haven't heard of them before.

Magnets on the fuel line.

http://www.powermax.co.nz/fuelmax.htm

Article about them (see last section).

http://www.csicop.org/si/9801/powell.html

FuelMax in the FTC.

http://www.ftc.gov/os/2001/11/evhccmp.htm

FTC/EPA warning about Fuel Saving devices/products.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/autos/gasave.htm

Yeah, that wasn't as bad as the one time when an injector got infected and I had to get it circumcised.

Yeah, that wasn't as bad as the one time when an injector got infected and I had to get it circumcised.

i musta missed that one, but that is pretty good too!

Since you guys are talking about fuel economy I was told by a guy that by putting a lower temp thermostat in my car that i would loose gas milage because when gm v6s run at cooler temps they dont burn fuel as effecient. Any one think that it has a big effect.I havent noticed any difference in my 2.8 since i put a 180 thermostat. :shock:

I would assume then that none of you have ever tried it or will never try it :)

I got it for $13 locally and I have nothing better to do and tested it anyway.

Since you guys are talking about fuel economy I was told by a guy that by putting a lower temp thermostat in my car that i would loose gas milage because when gm v6s run at cooler temps they dont burn fuel as effecient. Any one think that it has a big effect.I havent noticed any difference in my 2.8 since i put a 180 thermostat. :shock:

I noticed my mileage go DOWN when I put a 160 in my 3.8L engine. I have to get the PCM reprogrammed for the 160 now. :oops:

I wouldnt say that i wont try it.Im always looking for ways to get better gas milliage.I checked out the links that Shawn put up and 49$ for something i dont know whether it will work or not nore do i know any one who has used it.Well what im trying to say is im sure everyone here would like to get better milliage and i have a open mind on new products so I would appreciate it if you would tell us if it really works and if it does tell us because i would be interested.

If you're just itching to try magnets on your fuel line, you can get some at Radio Shack. Cat #64-1895 are 10,800 gauss magnets for $1.79 each. Get a whole bunch and save tons of fuel! You can even put some on your body to experience some electromagnetic healing powers.

I also have a Magnetic fuel-saver type thing I yanked off the convertible when I bought it (previous owner obviously a subscriber to these theories). I'd be willing to sell it cheap! Dunno what gauss it is though, and it was mounted under the car so it's filthy. I had to cut the plastic tiestraps to get it off so you'd need to replace those.

I tore a bunch of rare earth magnets out of old hard drives I have (a whoooole buch of em) and threw those on. In three weeks I noticed nothing so I tookem off.