Just wondering?

FordBoy

So its the speedo cluster then right?

Not quite. You have the speedo in your cluster, than the HUD projects that onto the windshield. If you watch my video, you'll see that you can see the speedo(analog) and you can also see the speed on the windshield (Digital) The HUD is the digital one. On the first Gens, its a very prominent unit that sits on the dash right above the cluster.

100_2749.jpg

The unit on the dash above the cluster would be the HUD unit.

correct. its a seperate thing from the cluster that projects speedo and a few other things onto the windshield so you dont have to look all the way down at the cluster

Yup. The 1st gen HUD's project Speed in MPH or KM/h, left and right turn signals, Check Guages, and the Grand Prix ones will display a low fuel light. The cutlass ones just use the check guages as the low fuel indicator.

dashpad1.jpg

Here's how it looks in my car. Note how in the newer models it's recessed into the dashboard.

HUD1.jpg

Actual picture of what you see. If you look closely, you can see the outline of the other info it can light up, like turn signals, gas/oil/battery dummy lights, etc.

mine has a little gas pump thing that pops up when my low fuel light comes on. Speaking of, it's on right now.

Ken was telling me that the cutlasses are wired different or something, cuz the gas pump lights up on the startup sequence, but thats all

mine doesnt say check guages when i have low fuel :dunno: factory wired, so i dont know

well............... you're car is bastardized!!!! :lol: the ub3 cluster (non-hud version) does not have the outputs to properly operate the HUD warning info.

the HUD fuel warning light is diabled at least on the 92-94 CS, and the 91 is a discrepancy as to whether it is or not. by disabled.... it is basically not wired in. it would work if it was wired and had a proper feed line giving the correct signal.... properly, as in the GP, it lights and stays lit, at least for 30 seconds(or close to that). if tapped into the fuel line it flickers as the sender signal varies at the 10volt or availbe ground range