Robby1870

Alright guys, Im pretty sure my car is running a little rich. I can here the excess gas pinging in my turbo tube, half way down my exhaust. I mean, its not bad enough where it backfires or runs bad, its just annoying, just a little popping (sounds like a ping though) under a load. So, my question is this. When an O2 sensor is old or going bad, does it USUALLY make the car run rich or is there any pattern to what it does, (i.e. rich or lean). When I get home in a couple of weeks, Im doing the rocker arms, and Ima change the O2 then (original O2 90K miles). I was just curious as to if an old O2 would cause this

Robby

:twisted:

When the O2 sensor fails, the computer runs in open loop mode and the fuel mixture to the engine will not be correct. This can cause the engine to "ping", run rich or lean, and/or miss.

Thats what I thought. I just wanted so reassurance. Im pretty sure thats my problem, like I said its the original O2. Well, in about 3 weeks, its gettin changed along with the oil pump O-ring, intake and valve cover gaskets too

Robby

I have had them run so rich it would burn your eyes out when the O2 goes they will run but crappy.Spark knock fowl out plugs you name it they will do it .