parking lights

ismellrealbad

1)are there any brighter orange bulbs made that i can stick in there? i like leaving them running in the daytime for a newer corvette/firebird kinda look in the front end

2)what wires, if possible would i tap into so that i can get them to turn on/off with the ignition?

well this cars turn signals are already ambiguous. they are in the middle of the friggin car and almost invisible on an angle. luckily the sidemarkers flash in sequence with the parking lights. given that - i dont really care and would still like to do this somehow

ummmm... I thought DRL were manditory since like 1990.... what year is your mobile? (DTR, DRL, SSDP :wink: )

Only in Canada. Most US versions of GM cars didn't get DRL's till 96.

DRL are optional in the USA to this day.

You could always get clear Xenon bulb. I think Xenon is brighter than Halogen type bulb. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've read one of the previous thread that with the clear bulb, you could wrap it up with any color bulb sleeve/jacket. For your project, use an orange bulb sleeve/jacket.

With my car, I always turn on the headlights day and night. I just want to be visible at any time of the day when I'm on the road.

i turn on my headlights when im on a 2 lane "highway" so to say. for anyone who knows nj well i goto beach via rt 539 and 72. both of which are one lane each way the entire way 55mph speed limit. therefore taking advantage of the dashed yellow line is more than common. somtimes way too common, and people cut passes so close to oncoming cars like me that it is imperative to have your headlights on even in the day. it makes judging the distance for the other car much easier (whether they realise it or not) and is even more useful on the hilly portions where its an either u see me or you dont situation.

the clear bulb sounds like a good idea. where can i get these color wraps? id prolly have to use a ton to compensate for the brightness. how about the bulbs that they use for the drls in firebird/corvette/century. would they work?

if the lense is ornage u dont need now ornage bulbs so u can go with a clear bulb if wanted

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I'd almost bet my life that the lense is orange.

if the lense is ornage u dont need now ornage bulbs so u can go with a clear bulb if wanted

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I'd almost bet my life that the lense is orange.

Well I know different cars, and very different ages, but the inside lenses of my 88 cutlass are clear, and all I did was put in a clear bulb to give it the clear look. looks half descent if you ask me. But rob's car is alot newer and a different one at that.

clear lense, orange bulb. i still wanna try bulbs out of a corvette or other car with orange DRLs. i dont care if it doesnt *fit* i already had to modify the low beam assembly to fit the (fake, and yes i knew this already) HIDs in

Most of the time i dive with my Parking lights and fog lights on, and they are always on when i go to school (8AM) or later eveneing (dawn or dusk). I do this not only caus it looks REALLY cool, or "mean", but also lets others see me beter (which always helps). And after cleaning those lenses, its amazing.

I was told my car had Daytime Running Lights, but havent seen them work (or seen a blown fuse). Im sure they are kinda dim anyways. and I didnt see them in the options or anything either.

jon