Does anyone else have this problem?

gimp19

My sisters Prix failed inspection yesterday because rear calipers, rotor's, and pads are shot and she didn't want to pay $600-$900 to get them fixed. (for some reason I thought 94's got redesigned so they wouldn't have those problems).

Anyways she wanted me to look at her brakes and I had to use the jack under the spare. She already noticed mold and dampness on the carpet but we didn't expect to see a huge puddle of water under the spare. Everything is covered in rust, we used a shop vac to get all the water out. Does anyone know where the water is getting in? My car is 6 years older and has no leaks in the trunk at all, everything looks brand new still.

did you check the foamy gasket that seals the trunk? seals on the rear tail lamps? IF she has a rear wing, where the screws in? those are all the ideas that i can throw out. best of luck with that...

Same thing happened to my car but I think it was due to the fact that I have left the trunk open while I was fixing my car and rain drizzled for a few minutes and I did not think about it but the next time I checked the spare tire area, there was a puddle of water. I drained all the water puddle and never have anymore water puddle.

All the weather stripping looks fine but the passenger tail light has some condensation in it.

Her car gets mold and rust in the wierdest places. The hinges are rusty and there are rust spots in the doors and theres a little patch of white mold on the headliner above the rear passenger quarter window. I think that might have somthing to do with the factory sunroof.

Other then that the car runs and looks like it just rolled off the lot yesterday.

First off, concerning the brakes, I think you should be able to do it for her. If her calipers are leaking, you can get caliper rebuilding kits that can save you money instead of purhasing new calipers outright. Also, if at all possible you can look for rebuilt calipers that come with warranties. Obviously the pads and rotors is a straight-forward procedure.

I think you have do a really good job cleaning out the trunk area and see if you can spot where the water is coming in from. Hell, you an even try pouring water in the trunk to see where it comes out from the bottom.

My sisters Prix failed inspection yesterday because rear calipers, rotor's, and pads are shot and she didn't want to pay $600-$900 to get them fixed. (for some reason I thought 94's got redesigned so they wouldn't have those problems).

Anyways she wanted me to look at her brakes and I had to use the jack under the spare. She already noticed mold and dampness on the carpet but we didn't expect to see a huge puddle of water under the spare. Everything is covered in rust, we used a shop vac to get all the water out. Does anyone know where the water is getting in? My car is 6 years older and has no leaks in the trunk at all, everything looks brand new still.

Her car also has a leak above the rear quarter window. Yesterday it was raining pretty hard and the headliner and seat got drenched. I looked at all the weather stripping and looks fine :?