Fuel injectors on the cheap

grandprix104

I'm gonna replace my fuel injectors soon so ive priced them out at the local parts shops: Napa $90 apiece, Parts+ $70, AutoZone $70, JCwhitney $40 ( http://jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=157346&BQ=jcw2 )

Does anyone know any cheaper places to try?? gmpartdirect.com doesnt have the part #.

At JCWhitney they have several that say to multiply your horsepower (160 right?) by .45 and divide by cylanders (6) to choose the right flow rate or whatever. According to these instructions I need the 14lb p/h injector. However its saying in the example that a civic 4banger has 225 HP (wtf?) so at any rate which one is correct?

Thanks

3100 should be 17#, 14 sounds too low.

Honestly for cheap injectors, it's ebay. But they usually aren't 100% new. Why do you need them anyway? Might be cheaper to have yours tested, cleaned, and balanced.

thats what i thought too.

well my mechanic, the board, and i think they maybe whats making my car run not so well. Rough idle, rough exaust noise, loss in power, not as good fuel economy, obnoxious clicking noise from under the plenum, etc. etc.

I would at least have them all checked, because paying $90 each injector x6= 540 + shipping, and if that doesn't fix the problem, then it was a big waste of $. Worst case if you need one or two injectors, then just get the rest serviced. Did your mechanic ever check them or just made an educated recommendation?

cant check em without ripping off the top of the engine and i dont have money to pay him the labor. How much do you think it would be to have all the injectors serviced??

You're better off removing them yourself and sending them in to get tested. It's not that difficult of a job!

cant check em without ripping off the top of the engine and i dont have money to pay him the labor. How much do you think it would be to have all the injectors serviced??