Todays junkyard excursion.....

RJansen658

I went to parts galore here in MI today and saw a few things of interest.

I primarily went to find a new window switch cover for the daily driver Lumina, which I did find.

I also saw a 96 Bonneville that had a slight engine bay fire, but still had the supercharger.....

Saw a early 90's 2Dr. GP with the DIC still in the console, with the power seat controls, it was a tan console.

As usual there were no verts....

Yea its fun to look thru the yard.... my wife goes with me sometimes, lol she thinks I'm crazy.... sometimes I take apart stuff on w's just to see how it goes together....

@Crazy K

I went back but they didn't have an CS's with rear maroon buckets... I looked specifically too.... I assume it was Cs rear buckets you were talking about..... but the rear buckets do look good... I wonder do they fit in first gen Luminas very well? I guess I could always try it, although... the 92' Luminas interior is mint anyways.

@Crazy K

I went back but they didn't have an CS's with rear maroon buckets... I looked specifically too.... I assume it was Cs rear buckets you were talking about..... but the rear buckets do look good... I wonder do they fit in first gen Luminas very well? I guess I could always try it, although... the 92' Luminas interior is mint anyways.

they were in buicks that were in about the third row 2nd car in, and fourth row, third car in, or something like that. The center consoles are the same between cars, IMO. Z34-nut put buckets in his car IIRC. it can be done. One buick is a 2 door, one is a 4 door. both have the 'felt' looking red velour seats.

if you are to put buckets in your car you will need the buckets, console, backing, AND a metal brace that two of the retainers for the backing plug into. about 2 feet long, 2-3 inches tall.

hey last time I was there they had two buicks with red rear buckets. Go grab one and snatch an extra set of rear console retainers off the other!

Lol I didn't read your post very well I guess.... How long ago were you there, they usually change each row about once a month, sometimes a little slower.... the first two rows had dates not more than a week old, I am there so often I just look for the newer dates spray painted onto the end cap cars and then go from there....

I will have to ask Z34_Nut how well his seats fit into his car....

might be too late. I'll have the chance again sometime. their will be more. I didn't think to grab it when i was there. But... they did have a white 88 CS international, which did have a gray center console.

my problem with Parts Galore when I was there, is they closed about at hour before I got there on the first day, the soonest I could after leaving work, and started closing 1/2 earlier the next day. I had no time to grab much. I got a p/s CS coupe doorhandle, a few acura parts for slick and a bunch of emblems.