How much life is left in my car??

1990lumina

jeff you should be fine... sad thing is you wouldnt get jack for it if you tried to sell it, at least not what it is worth to you... and in the worst case if you do drive it for work for now and something does go wrong. there is always guaranteed trade in sales and at one of those they will give you 2000 no questions asked for it as long as it runs... sure the dealer looses that bit of cash on your old car but they make a bunch off the new one.

at least have it still for the meet in may if we get it going :lol:

well my gf's dads lumi has 350KM on it, been a sask car all its life, never garaged and not always maintained properly, and its running like a top. You got a lot of life yet there bud.

I've read that POR-15 isn't the greatest thing to use as undercoating... maybe to use on on certain part... but due to the body flexing it can crack or something and let moisture in. I dunno the details, but it DOES sound too good to be true. Plus, are you gonna put that stuff on fuel/brake lines etc? http://krown.com is the way to go, I'm gonna phone them soon to get my car done.

When done right*, you can smash any metal with a hammer and POR15 will NOT be effected. The thing is, no one spend the time and money to do it right. Well because it is a PITA to do right!

You could maybe have your dealer spray the POR 15 for you if they have a sprayer. I am going to spray my car in the next couple of weeks at my local dealership, since they have a sprayer and I work there. :smile:

Your car will be fine, just keep up with the maintenance. Just my opinion, but if you like the car that is all that matters. Run it till you don't want it anymore! POR 15 is great BTW, but like you guys said it is a pita to do correctly.

620 a week isn't shizzal. My dad did that in a day when he work for this courier service in chicago. He drove 89miles one way just to get to work. But what I'm trying to say is that as long as you treat the car right and keep it in tune it'll last a hell of a long time.