Cutlass 6 gauge cluster reset

89oldscutlass

Does anyone know if the milage can be reset.It would bite to have mine go out and have to use my spare one I checked my spare cluster that i pulled from the 89 international and it had 189k on it which is a lot more mile then on mine.Any ideas?

Mechanical or Electrical?

Mechanical can be rolled (highly illeagal if not stated on title)

Electrical can't (I do believe) since it's recorded in the circuitry of the panels; you find that data recorder you *could* (in theory) swap those.

- RedFox340

I think it is possible.

I've recently come across on the web about a tool some cluster repair experts used to reset (re-programm) the mileage on a digital cluster. Not sure where I found it but google.com should show up something.

It's possible, but most places charge $45+ to reprogram your cluster with the new mileage. For legal reasons, they want both your old and new cluster - they won't just put any mileage into the cluster that you specify.

To do it yourself is not practical, the tool (basically a fancy cable and software) will run you almost $3000.