gp90se

My 90 grand prix with the duel exhaust is rusted out, other then shitty ass walker mufflers, what other brands fit (the camaro style flowmaster and bullet didnt).

Im not looking for anything as loud as a flowmaster 40, but sumthing a little louder then stock and deep. The custom exhaust place couldnt find a muffler 2 fit.

Thanks,

-Jeff

I dont think there's much out there for the 88-90 style mufflers, at least the right side one, other than thru GM. You could always try to find a dual exhaust from a 91+ Grand Prix/Cutlass Supreme/Lumina and mate it to your current catalyst. The mufflers on this setup is much more readily available, plus the piping is 2.25" compared to the 2" you have now

Is the exhaust for your duals routed up over the suspension? If so that's probably where you're getting your grief from the muffler shop. I installed a dual setup from the downpipe back and had them route the pipe under the exhaust like the 94 and newer ones. If you do that then there are several to chose from. Mine are Dynomax super turbo's. I tilted them at an angle to hide some of the muffler body up behind the bumper. (no lower bumper to hide them for me)

Going under the suspension lowers the muffler placement and they can put hangers down from where they are on stock 94 duals. My Y pipe missed the stock hanger tabs so we took the center jack stand off and hung one from the bolt hole there.

If your's are under the suspension already I don't see why a muffler shop would have trouble mounting a bigger muffler. Get away from Midas and Mineke, Find a local shop with some brains and creativity. Custom may not always mean competent. I had one Shop straight up tell me it couldn't be done. He must have never done a 94+ dual on a w-body. He told me to have my internet buddies do it for me. I had asked for a 2.5" single exhaust. He couldn't see that it could be routed under.

Sorry for long post.

The dual exhaust is 2" and routes over the exhaust from 88-90, it also doesn't have a Y pipe, the left muffler pipe attaches to the right muffler, probably why he tried the Camaro muffler first. The dual exhaust changed in '91 like the way I described- 2.25" pipes, Y pipe then conventional mufflers, doesnt go over the suspension.

yea it routes up over the suspention...the exhaust shop is 1 of the best ive ever seen (lou's custom exhaust), I dont supposed any of you have the y-pipe diagram or any pics of it done?

heres a few pics of my car:

http://community.webshots.com/album/51373482UmkYar

if that doesnt work im camaro75LT on the site.

what brand mufflers do you guys like that will fit, sound good and not

blow out in a year.

-Jeff

yea it routes up over the suspention...the exhaust shop is 1 of the best ive ever seen (lou's custom exhaust), I dont supposed any of you have the y-pipe diagram or any pics of it done?

heres a few pics of my car:

http://community.webshots.com/album/51373482UmkYar

if that doesnt work im camaro75LT on the site.

what brand mufflers do you guys like that will fit, sound good and not

blow out in a year.

-Jeff

this pic might help...just click the link http://24.167.226.149/images/3inch-5.jpg (pic is owned by Eclipse5302) hope this helps