keys are locked in the trunk

hazmatic

my lil bro is a fuckin genuis im in my trunk takin measurments so i can start buildin a custome box n i step away n the motha fucker closes my trunk n my fuckin keys werre in the trunk i called a locksmith n they said it gonna cost me 50 buckz to get my trunk open im wonderin befo i call a locksmith n actually have them come is therre ne other way in my trunk in a 88 buick regla custome besides the key thank you n dont try laphin cuz im fuckin rip shit right now thank you

I thought all Buick Regals have a trunk release button inside?

If you don't have one, you can pull your rear seat out and get in the trunk that way. I think it's only 2 bolts to get the bottom cushion out, and then 2 nuts down by the seatbelts to get the upper cushion out. It's hooked at the top so once you get those 2 nuts off, pull the bottom out to clear the studs and then lift up and the rear cushion should come off. That should leave you with at least enough room to get your arm in the trunk and fish the keys out.

Then after that, go get a spare set made. :wink:

I'm not sure about Buick but on my car 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, it has a quick release pull-handle on the upper both sides of the rear seat back support and it will fold down the back support in the rear seats.

If you don't have those quick release pull-handle then try following what GnatGoSplat had suggested.

If you don't have one, you can pull your rear seat out and get in the trunk that way. I think it's only 2 bolts to get the bottom cushion out, and then 2 nuts down by the seatbelts to get the upper cushion out. It's hooked at the top so once you get those 2 nuts off, pull the bottom out to clear the studs and then lift up and the rear cushion should come off. That should leave you with at least enough room to get your arm in the trunk and fish the keys out.

ya i def need to go get a spare set made but u say take the seat clear the studs n i should have enuff room i just hpe my arm is long enuff to reach the drivers side rear wheel well werre i left the keys on top off

Yeah, you'll see what I'm talking about better once you get the lower cushion out. If your arm isn't long enough, try using a stick or coat hanger!

I'm not sure about Buick but on my car 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, it has a quick release pull-handle on the upper both sides of the rear seat back support and it will fold down the back support in the rear seats.

wow, I didn't even know the fold-down rear seat was available in 90. My stepbro's 90 4dr doesn't have it.

try using a long magnet on a handle if your arm isn't long enough. I know it won't help you, but my dad has an extendable magnet, I think it is a MAC Tool brand. Probably only 5-6 bucks.

tell ur dad to let me borro the magnent lol i havent got the chanve to do it im probally gonna do it tommoro since i got the day off from work n ill have my dads truck wit all his toolz ty for all ur input ill let u kno how it goes

*thinks*

there should be a trunk release button... :shock:

if it's not under the dash on the drivers side... try in the glove box.... o.O

hopefully it all goes well, and you don't need a lock smith :)

good luck!

Go to a dealer with the vin # and get another key cut.

I had a guy that worked at a dealer cut me a key and I didnt even know him (on another forum with him).

just pull the back seat. it takes 3 seconds. 2 13mm bolts on the bottom, lift out. 4 10mm bolts on the bottom of the top coushin. lift UPWARDS on it then when its off those hooks pull it out. you can cannonball yourself into the trunk if you wanted to with the space youll have after that

They do, at least all the Buick Regals I've driven, which would be an '89 Regal Custom, my current '91 Regal GS, a '92 Regal Limited and a '94 Limited. The trunk release button is in the glovebox, it's a little yellow button on the '88-'93 models.

They do, at least all the Buick Regals I've driven, which would be an '89 Regal Custom, my current '91 Regal GS, a '92 Regal Limited and a '94 Limited. The trunk release button is in the glovebox, it's a little yellow button on the '88-'93 models.

r u posative i have yet to find a realese i spent like 2 hours lookin for one ill go look again right now n tell u wut happens brb.....

Talking about trunk release button.

On my car, the trunk release button is located underneath the Instrument Panel Carrier on the driver side. It is that panel underneath where you have to remove it if you are working on the brake switch, cruise control switch.

thank guys i got my keys i took out my back seats n i wuz able to reach my hand in therre n grab them i think the hardest thing wuz tryin to find the right size ratchet lol im gonna keep my seats out tho

thats what i thought but keepin the hole seat out n the cloth thats behind the seat seperatin the trunk n front cab n ill put more subs n amps werre the seats werre

I think that's only on '93+ Regals, but I can be wrong.

Talking about trunk release button.

On my car, the trunk release button is located underneath the Instrument Panel Carrier on the driver side. It is that panel underneath where you have to remove it if you are working on the brake switch, cruise control switch.

thats what i thought but keepin the hole seat out n the cloth thats behind the seat seperatin the trunk n front cab n ill put more subs n amps werre the seats werre

I have (its for sale!) an 89 Regal GS with teh bucket seats in teh back. I cut a hole in the "wall" between teh seats and put a speaker grill over it with a light black cloth behind teh grill. It looked really trick, like i had a speaker mounted between the seat, and it let teh bass through.

i dont got the bucket seats in the back i got a bench ill trade u seats :wink: or how much do u want just for the seats n maybe even the ground effects

all 4 seats in the car are bad ass, 4 buckets,, plus I gots teh sport digital dash with the tach, fuel gage, oil, and temp gages. The ground effects are awesome.... I know your not near me, but you can take the whole car for a descent price, or you can tell me about the parts you want, i can find out a reasonable price to sell you tehm at, but before i can let teh car go, i would have to find a wrecking yard to take the rest of teh car away first.... so holla, keep in touch if your intersted in anything.

Lates

how much would u seel the hole car for but im interested in the bucket seats the dash the ground effects but what color is the interior and the ground effects