Overhead consoles

GutlessSupreme

No. they do not have the mounts to fit. Could one be installed with some modification? absolutely. However the sunroof motor is mounted right where the overhead console is supposed to mount, as well as the sunroof switch IIRC.

apparently GP 2drs and 4 drs have the mounts.... so do 2 dr buicks and CS's but not 4 door CS. and I don;t know about the 4 door buicks. no L:umina has the mounts to me knowledge.

I had to backtrack and fix my manany mistqkes very carfully I awas treying to ansewer the post without upsetting gutlass cutlass who claims to be wery of my overwhelming knowlge of W-nbodyies. Crist AI HAVE A minimum IQ of 140..... the max on every test offical ane un-official tha I have ever taqken... people ask why I dislike being drunk tnand this is why i can;t frweking contgrfol myself.

Dorry for making a clear pooist guys.

I had to backtrack and fix my manany mistqkes very carfully I awas treying to ansewer the post without upsetting gutlass cutlass who claims to be wery of my overwhelming knowlge of W-nbodyies. Crist AI HAVE A minimum IQ of 140..... the max on every test offical ane un-official tha I have ever taqken... people ask why I dislike being drunk tnand this is why i can;t frweking contgrfol myself.

Dorry for making a clear pooist guys.

damn I can remember doing this...

let me resummerize

cars that have an OEM sunroof have the motor for the sunroof located where the overhead console will mount. and the switch may be located in the same location as well. I am certain that it would not be impossible to mount it but it may require grinding out some of the material on the back of the overhead console, moving the sunroof switch, and fabricating some sort of retaining bracket. I would love to see you try and do a write-up on it too.

while I am at it, what color do you need? the overhead consoles are availible in about 8 colors, but common only in gray and dark graphite, but I have 1 tan one and have seen a red one.

about the OEM brackets. they are built into the longitudal roof rail or the cars that have them... once the two 'T' pegs are latcched into the OEM brackets, the front of the console is retained with standard self-tapping trim screws, which tap into the front rail at the top of the window.

some cars have the brackets and some do not. I helped GP1138 install one in his 4 door 95 GP. a 94 cs 2dr had, my 94&95 cs 4dr has not.

How to check if you car has these brackets? pull the screws out of both visors and visor clips, and look for two downward humps, with slots cut in them.