94 DIC into a 96?

96gp_Toronto

Hey all,

Just quickly read the faq on installing DIC's into our GP's. It mentioned that you cannot install a 94-95 dic into a 96 model. Does anyone know why this is? I kinda feel like trying to do it anyways since it seems to straight forward. My car is already wired for it and the connectors look the same.

john GP1138 attempted a 97+ dic into his 95. everything worked but the fuel and mileage related funtions. So basically all that is left is a glorified digital voltmeter.... and maybe the temperature functions.

Same thing probably would happen with yours.

perhaps try finding a 97+ DIC?

You'll have to splice in the wiring harness. the pigtail is different. but that should not be a big deal. You can probably splice it into the unused dic connector.

john GP1138 attempted a 97+ dic into his 95. everything worked but the fuel and mileage related funtions. So basically all that is left is a glorified digital voltmeter.... and maybe the temperature functions.

Same thing probably would happen with yours.

perhaps try finding a 97+ DIC?

You'll have to splice in the wiring harness. the pigtail is different. but that should not be a big deal. You can probably splice it into the unused dic connector.

Wiring diagrams are your friend. You'll have to find a FSM or find someone on here with access to AllData. I believe GSRegal93 has access, he helped me out once.