1992 buick regal

rockfangd

does anyone know about any commo electrical issues with these, a friend of mine owns one and he is having continous electrical issues, a few months ago the pink hot wire for the power windows was shorting to ground somewhere (after like 6 hrs of research and 3 hrs of testing)after his car almost caught fire because the slver circuit got so hot it melted the fuse box cover in the glove box. so i ran an all new wire for that through the dash and disconnected the old one from both sides. prob solved, now there is a new issue, the IPbrake light comes and goes randomly even when the ignition is off it lights up(not supposed to) after disconnecting the ctsy fuse it went off and has not come back on. but th ctsy is hot not gnd like the cluster, also the radio goes on and off if you kick the dash just rigt. so glad it isnt my car lol. i also repaired all of the wiring between the doors and the car that were cracked. i hate electrical issues

Sounds like the harness around the dash area has some issues...I guess start checking wiring :?....I hate electrical issues too...they could be anywhere and most of the time it's in the most inconvient area

Sory I don't have an answer but I'd say this is not common. Maybe the wiring got crossed up when an aftermarket stereo got installed? Ther are an aweful lot of wires back there since the radio comes in three separate sections.

there is nothing at all aftermarket about this car, it is an older guy the car doesnt even have a car starter. i dont think the radio ha ever even been removed. the only thing was the power antenna got broken so i pulled the fuse. dunno