Rear quad console install??

rakooon

So for the people that have done this mod how did you get the console attached to anything?..i didnt get any brackets with it... just want it to stay planted and not move...i could use some glue but thats tooo ghetto. thanx

my rear console is still loose... but it was installed on sunday.

the biggest concern is the issue of the fuel tank being directly beneath the floor. in the rear. I probably has clearance for 1/2 inch tappers, but I need to make a pilot hole and check. But i have the original mounts.

You;ll see a pair of holes in the front and rear on the sides of the console. thats where it originally attached to the moutns which were attached to the floor. I'd fab up four L brackets, or ask if someone can sell you the oem mounts.

I just used the rear most mount (closest to the trunk) and carefully drilled small pilot holes and used short self tapping screws. I also siliconed around the holes to keep exhaust fumes from coming inside.

z34int2.jpg

Hey were did you get those powered by general motors seat belt covers?

From a stand in a mall here in Kitchener, but the guy is no longer in business. Try ebay maybe???

I think the best way to mount them would be to go to your local hardwhere store and pick up some nuts and bolts, CAREFULLY figure out where you want the console and then using a prduct like JB Cold Weld fasten the bolt to the floor. When this stuff hardens, its like steel. I used it on a dicast model then had to shape it... I killed my dremel tool trying to cut the stuff!

There are 2 reasons I say attach the bolt to the floor

1)if you attach the nut and you have to screw the bolt in more you will have to cut the bolt

2)if you have the bolts glued to the floor they will act as alignment tools to get the console in place.

The reason I say do this carefully is because once those things are stuck down, they aren't moving, so you want to make sure you have the console nice and straight.

Myself, that console doesn't match the rest of my interior, so I'm cutting up a couple front ones and building a custom rear console... just don't have time lately to finish it.

Jamie

I think the best way to mount them would be to go to your local hardwhere store and pick up some nuts and bolts, CAREFULLY figure out where you want the console and then using a prduct like JB Cold Weld fasten the bolt to the floor. When this stuff hardens, its like steel. I used it on a dicast model then had to shape it... I killed my dremel tool trying to cut the stuff!

There are 2 reasons I say attach the bolt to the floor

1)if you attach the nut and you have to screw the bolt in more you will have to cut the bolt

2)if you have the bolts glued to the floor they will act as alignment tools to get the console in place.

The reason I say do this carefully is because once those things are stuck down, they aren't moving, so you want to make sure you have the console nice and straight.

Myself, that console doesn't match the rest of my interior, so I'm cutting up a couple front ones and building a custom rear console... just don't have time lately to finish it.

Jamie

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I DID!!!!!!!!!!! Works wonders. This is what I suggest you do!