Cutlass Door Lock Actuator/Cylinder

Speckkial

To begin, I'm not too car savvy so please excuse any errors I make in explaining my situation. I have a 96 CS coupe. I can only open my driver's side door from the outside after a few strong tugs (it's not as simple as just pulling the handle). I'm thinking its partially because I don't have a door lock cylinder because the door handle is somewhat new (purchased off ebay after an accident) and I haven't got to getting the cylinder installed yet. On the inside of the door, there are two rods exposed. I'm assuming both go into the door lock cylinder which I haven't got yet. I took my car to the body shop for some work and I told the manager there about my door problem. He looked at it and said that one of the rods were bent and that I needed a new door lock actuator. I told him, from the looks of it, both rods are bent near their tips and it looked like thats the way they're suppose to be. He said that one is bent way more then its suppose to be and bending back in place could cause a snap. Here are my questions:

Shouldn't the new door handle I bought have came with an actuator?

If the bent rod is what is causing the problem, wouldn't I need a new rod and not a new actuator?

If I purchase a new actuator, should it or will it come with a new rod?

:lol: add it to your sig.

where did you get a replacement door handle, how much of a door handle is it? new or used?

did you get the full two foot long metal substructure with the actual latch the locks onto the striker post?

do you mean the power actuator for the locks or the manual lever?

you should not need power actuator to have the part function properly.

I suggest removing the panel and observing the functionality of all the parts.

and the inner one is completely not working? :(

the inner rod is not intended to be adjusted, so there has to be a problem :(

got pics of the unit?

how bad was the accident? did you need new door as well?