TGP front plate placement

GOT2B GM

So...I went to the junkyard and picked up a license plateholder from a 90-96 GP sedan, to use on the front of my TGP. I was told by Jeff (kuntzie) that it should work, but not all 4 of the mounting tabs of the bracket match the contour of the bumper cover.

Does anyone have the front plate holder GM part number? Is it a TGP specific part?

I was messing around with the sedan plate holder and came up with this as a possible option....what do you guys think?

(Its just held on with small c-clamps in the pics)

tgpplate1.jpg

tgpplate2.jpg

tgpplate3.jpg

My garage office :lol:

garagedesk.jpg

matt i was told by my dads buddy that we *might* be able to claim vintage status on our cars,

get vintage plates (only one)

then we dont got to worry about the front plate..

he says all cars over 16 years old can get it if a rare or valuable car

I took my front plate off. :twisted: I don't know if we here in Minnesota are supposed to have a front plate, but a lot of people in my small town are running without them, so yeah I joined the no front plate club. :lol:

According to a few cops, we need one....well, they MADE me put one on my '93 Camaro, but I have yet to get pulled over for driving my TGP with the plate in the window. So it's a toss up, unless you ask a cop...b.t.w., I'm in New Ulm, MN.