H body wheels dont fit

Steve LS

Now, I hate white letter tires too. I just think they look dumb on newer cars. However, any old muscle car looks great with white letter tires.

That's probably one reason why I don't like white letter tires. They do look like they go well with old muscle cars, but I don't like the looks of muscle cars.

I love 50's and early 60's cars though, primarily old Cadillacs. If I lived in the country, I'd buy myself an old Caddy to restore. I love Titus's smooth-bodied 50's hotrods too. He usually puts 20" billet wheels on 'em and they look soooo good.

I like most anything built before 1970 and not much after except Grand Nationals, F-Bodys, 91+ B-body's, 1970 A-bodys, 1rst Gen. W's and 80's Cadillac's.

Ha ha ha! I agree with you, raised white lettering on tires are shit. I hate whitewalls too. Tires should be black through and through.

Heheh. :lol: I hate white letter tires even though my truck has them. IMO, nothing says trailer parks, beer bellies, and mullets better than white letter tires. *ducks for cover*

I have weird taste though. I really don't like any American car built between the late 60's to mid 80's.

Any Bonneville built in 1986 or after is an H-body, before that they were G-bodys.

A Bonnieville isn't a G-body, 77'-88' Cutlass, Regal, Monte Carlo and Gran Prix were G-bodies, like the Grand National on your avitar.

I'm not sure about Bonnevilles built before 1981 but 81-85 bonnevilles definatly were G-body's I used to own an 82 (they are very ugly cars). It looked like this: TOAST.jpg

Hey Steve I have the Firehawk Indys on both of my 89 cutlass supremes and I like them I have 215 65 R 15 on both cars.The only complant I have is that they are noisy tires other then that there great I do know they go like hell in snow i had my cuttys every where.I like the raised white letters on my 5 Stars and i like the look on my factory aluminum wheels on the other cutty.It all depends on what wheels your putting them on some wheels dont look good with white letters some do.

89 Oldscutlass I bummed to hear the Indys have road noise, like how bad ? TA's are quite.

All things are a matter of taste. I dont have the spare energy to dislike or go so low as hatred for the little trivial things. Theres bigger issues for my energy. I like personal characteristics and differences in things. I like looking at cars I wound never drive or park in my driveway, I just find whats interesting and different and appreaciate them for what they are. If only all cars were black with black tires and all roads led back Pleasantville.

The only car I have I wouldnt put letter tires on is the 97 LSS . The 75 Convertable has TA's on Cragars. The 82 NewYorker has wide whites. The Regal still has the white walls that came on it when I bought it and its still a fine lookin car.

Gimp 19 The Bonneville was'nt a G it was a B (rhymes)

B body was Olds 88 LeSabre Centurian Bonneville Catalina Impala Caprice before they went FWD with the H platform with Impalla and Caprice staying B along with the Buick Roadmaster and LeSabre wagons and Olds Custom Cruiser wagons

1981-1988

Chevy Monte Carlo, Monte Carlo SS, Aerocoupe SS, Malibu, Malibu Wagon, El Camino and El Camino SS, Pontiac's Grand Prix, GP 2+2 Aerocoupe and Bonnevilles, Buick's Grand National, GNX and Regals and Oldsmobile's Cutlasses, 442's and Hurst/Olds. Are G-Bodys

B-Bodys are a little bigger

Hum where did you get that info ? It even looks like a B , must be kinda like the Impala now is a W instead of a H like its former cousins. I remember now the B was a Parisnian or something like that. Was it called a Catalina then or just a Parisienne ? Theres one up the road someone has kept in good shape.

Yeah, I can definetly tell that Bonneville is a G-body, looks much like the Malibu sedan/Cutlass Supreme sedan from the side. The B-Body pontiac was the Parrisiene...oh man I can never spell that. I think the catalina name was taken away around '80 but as far as I know it was the same platform

The road noise isnt to bad on the indys.Most people never notice it unless i point it out to them when they are riding with me.I have run FireHawks on my cutlass for the last 5 years I put the indys on about 8 months ago.The last set i had on my car dry rotted and there was still alot of tred on them after a but load of miles had been put on them.As far as handling ive not had them break loose on me in the curves.I think you would like them.The 215 65 R 15 are the widest you can go on a 89 cutlass without dropping th highth of the tire.I had them try a wider set when i bought these but the tires scraped the fender wells when you turned the wheels sharp.They told me if i left that set on that they would have to void the warrenty on them .I got a 50k warrenty with mine which isnt that bad and there speed rated at a 150mph for what its worth.If you have any more questions about them just ask Steve.

I hate our front calipers also. I had bought an awesome set of wheels, and when I went to put them on, it was touching the calipers! So, I took them back and ended up getting the wheels i got now.