PJB

Whats the bolt pattern and back spacing on wheels for a '97 Cutlass Supreme 4 door?

My friend is looking for some 18's for his car and I need to know the size so I can look at some online for him.

Also, if the stock tire size is 215/65/16, what size tires would be the right size to keep the same height as stock on 18" wheels?

Whats the bolt pattern and back spacing on wheels for a '97 Cutlass Supreme 4 door?

My friend is looking for some 18's for his car and I need to know the size so I can look at some online for him.

Also, if the stock tire size is 215/65/16, what size tires would be the right size to keep the same height as stock on 18" wheels?

if it is still a w-body, the backspacing i believe is 25 mm. atleast that's what it is on grand prixs. for tire size, the closest bet for 215/65/16 to 18s would be 245/45/18. that would lead to 1.2% too fast on the speedometer. check this link, it's actually useful...

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Actually, bolt pattern = 5x115mm.

Offset varies based on year and car.

My '89 with 16" has +44mm offset. The '88 with 15" has +42mm offset. The '94 with 16" has +35mm offset. 90 TGP has +25mm offset. The lower the offset, the more the wheel sticks out. Higher the offset, the more tucked in it is.

Backspacing is a figure not usually used when buying wheels.

Backspacing = (width of wheel) / 2 + offset

Don't forget that even aftermarket wheels with perfect size, bolt pattern, and offset often don't fit because of the front calipers.

Also, make sure the center bore is at least 70.3mm diameter or they won't fit. Center bore is the hole in the middle.

Actually, bolt pattern = 5x115mm.

Offset varies based on year and car.

My '89 with 16" has +44mm offset. The '88 with 15" has +42mm offset. The '94 with 16" has +35mm offset. 90 TGP has +25mm offset. The lower the offset, the more the wheel sticks out. Higher the offset, the more tucked in it is.

Backspacing is a figure not usually used when buying wheels.

Backspacing = (width of wheel) / 2 + offset

Don't forget that even aftermarket wheels with perfect size, bolt pattern, and offset often don't fit because of the front calipers.

Also, make sure the center bore is at least 70.3mm diameter or they won't fit. Center bore is the hole in the middle.

well don't i feel like an idiot. thanks for leaving me corrected!

I looked on ebay last night and wheels seem expensive. My friend is cheap, so I dont know if he'll get any. He's the guy with the metal flaked Supreme.