Sub-Frame Alignment

Stanley2187

theres alingment holes on the pass side next to the bolts, just use the proper diameter pin(need 2 of em) and slide up thru into the body and then tighten the frame

Shawn posted something a while back of doing this really quick. You just had to tighten bolts on the botom...not sure, didnt do anything for me

jon

Actually, you have to loosen the subframe bolts.

Then take a metal rod of the right size (I'm thinking 5/8" or so in diameter, but just guessing) - I used my 12" long 1/2" ratchet extension, and put it through the alignment hole in the subframe and also through the matching hole on the unibody frame. Push or pull the rod so that the 2 holes are perfectly aligned with each other and the rod can go straight up and down through the hole. Do the same for the alignment hole in the front. Then tighten the subframe bolts back up when finished. I think they're supposed to tighten to 103ft-lbs but not sure on that.

On my 94, this straightened out the steering wheel and stopped the tire from rubbing.

this sounds interesting. Why would you need to do this alignment?? is it something that should be done after so many miles. Sorry dont know much about what im talking about :D

I don't know why my 94 needed it, but I've never had to do it on any other W-body. I'm thinking the only time it ever gets out of line is if you hit the subframe on something like a curb.

I just read it straigtened out someones stearing wheel (mine is not straight) and was hoping that something simple and cheap might fix it instead of a 4-wheel alignment.