swapping interior dash for older style

supreme_style21

I thought I'd like the '94-'96 dash style in my GP.. but all-in-all, I like the older style better.. just simplier and more straight-lined. This leads to my question... foolish maybe, but it's somethin' I wanna do. What kinda hassle is it going to be to swap an older style dash into the car? I know one airbag has gotta go, but the driver one would be able to stay, right? Hell I dunno.. I tend to get in over my head, but I'll see what you guys think..

It would be a lot of work, I think it's quite possible though. You just have to pick up a wrecked GP with all the interior parts you need. Also, one with the right colour. I think most of them were gray anyways. Personally I prefer the dash style of the '88-'95 Regals than the redesign in '96. The '96 looks more ergonomic, but it looks like it was made for grandparents or something. All the buttons are so damn big with such big numbers it's like they made it for owners with eye problems. Just like those "elderly" phones with big-ass numbers and big-ass buttons. One thing I also like about teh '88-'95 style dash is that we have the oil pressuer and voltage gauge. Something even the new '97.5+ Regals don't have.

yeah the other cars I've had, my Lumina and my Cutlass Supreme had those simple, flat dashes.. now I've had my GP for a year and I'm not getting too fond of the dash style. I like the older style, its not so.. big.. I dunno what it is. The older ones just seem more simple and streamlined.. kinda.. :?

For simplicity, the older dashes are better. For ergonomics, the new ones are far better. I'm quite tall and I have long limbs so reaching for stuff was never a problem for me. Besides, I like having full gauges.

yeah the other cars I've had, my Lumina and my Cutlass Supreme had those simple, flat dashes.. now I've had my GP for a year and I'm not getting too fond of the dash style. I like the older style, its not so.. big.. I dunno what it is. The older ones just seem more simple and streamlined.. kinda.. :?

i like the 94-96 style because it looks "newer" more up-to-date. both the 88-93 and 94-96's are very plain but they do it in their own way. the newer style makes me feel like im driving a car worth more than 4 grand

Drive a Regal with the full digital dash and floor shifter (Regal having the shift knob that fits your wrist action properly, leather too), watch the numbers and bars roll across the screen as you nail it.....You'll feel like a hell of a lot more than 4 grand. It's a Lamborgini experience!!!!!!!

Try it at night for full effect with the premium Equalizer/cassette and other toys lit up.

Sorry for the rush, but it IS cool.

i like the 94-96 style because it looks "newer" more up-to-date. both the 88-93 and 94-96's are very plain but they do it in their own way. the newer style makes me feel like im driving a car worth more than 4 grand

Yeah I know what you mean.. but eh, I just like the simple clean straight-forwardness of those older ones. I kinda don't like feeling like I'm driving something worth more than 4 grand, cause when I beat the crap outta it, i feel bad.

Damn, you wanna trade instrument clusters? :)

Drive a Regal with the full digital dash and floor shifter (Regal having the shift knob that fits your wrist action properly, leather too), watch the numbers and bars roll across the screen as you nail it.....You'll feel like a hell of a lot more than 4 grand. It's a Lamborgini experience!!!!!!!

Try it at night for full effect with the premium Equalizer/cassette and other toys lit up.

Sorry for the rush, but it IS cool.