shitty headlights or night blindness?

warwgn3

My Miniquads are pretty bright. No trouble ever at night with them. The composite lights on my Regal are still way better though.

werd.. I've never had any problems with the mini-quads or composites I've had.

Like other members said I would replace the one light for sure since it can't be aimed and moves around in the housing. You might be able to just replace the adjusters but I'm not sure.

As for cleaning lights, I would love to do that to the lumina. Ohh and x1000 on the adjusters never working, on my old car and other luminas I've stripped out those little screws I don't know how many times.

I drove my sisters GP a few days ago when it was coming down pretty hard over here. Holy shit I couldn't see a fucking thing compared to my Sonoma(I sit higher and have SS). Replacing the blades helped alot but I'll probably upgrade to SilverStars.

ok. Here's a bit of an update. I went to a local small business parts store, and asked about the headlight cleaner. He has this product that costs $35cdn, and According to him it works great. He reccomends against anything cheaper, saying they're not as good.

I also asked about replacing the one broken headlight, and the supplier he gets it from will charch like $130cdn for just one, brand new.

Any reccomendations? Anyone out there able to help me out with getting another headlight for cheaper?

i see brand new ones on abay for $75ish USD, so i'd never pay $130 for one

like i said i like to use rubbing compound and a rotary buffer for cleaning them up, sometimes i'll sand with 2000grit sandpaper first, but i always get great results that way. and it costs pennys to a headlight cleaning kit.

Pick one up at a wrecker..they are fairly cheap there as well...

Wreckers around here charge you to the point of ripping you off. There's no way I'll go to a local wrecker.

I'd be willing to pay one of you guys to get one for me, and send it USPS out to me..

i know i have a spare set somewhere, probalby burried in the atic, but after shiping to canada it probably woulden't be worth it, and i'm no where near being able to get to it right now.

I used a bench buffer on my TGP's yellow lights after wetsanding them. They came out beautifully, like new.

The broken one can probably be fixed if you don't mind spending time on it. What part is actually broken? I'm sure it's just plastic that can be repaired.

my regal headlights suck penis

but for me its not too big of a deal b/c i can't legally drive at nigth ( poor vision)

but in the rian or when i do drive at night my lights are really dim and bad i miss my taurs for that

i had depot brand housings that have a special disco ball type pattern in the back that magnifies the beam and i had silverstar bulbs in i had absolutely no probs seeing at nigth with thos lights

the housings were 180 and the bulbs were like 45

my regal headlights suck penis

but for me its not too big of a deal b/c i can't legally drive at nigth ( poor vision)

but in the rian or when i do drive at night my lights are really dim and bad i miss my taurs for that

i had depot brand housings that have a special disco ball type pattern in the back that magnifies the beam and i had silverstar bulbs in i had absolutely no probs seeing at nigth with thos lights

the housings were 180 and the bulbs were like 45

ooooh the disco ball headlights on ur Taurus?? Ours has those too, they work GREAT!

well i had a gen3 one with the disco ball pattern i think you might be thinking of the gen one or 2 lights mabey????

but yeah those lights were so badass and bright as HELL especially after having the silverstarts ha highbeams were like never needed and when i used them it was like daytime lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here's an update on my headlight situation.

I took the broken headlight assembly apart, and found that the up/down aim screw is not only siezed up, but is also missing a clip or something to hold the lens in place or something, uh.. or something, huh huh huh. So I'm going to head out to a wrecker on the eastern outskirts of the city, that apperently has a monster load of W-Body's, and get a new aimer assembly.

As for the crappy yellowishness of the headlight lenses... I went to Crappy Tire and bought a bottle of "PLASTX." It's a wipe on/wipe off product that restores discoloured and oxidized parts to clean like new shine. I works on all plastic parts, so you can used it on plastic bumpers and trim mouldings, as well as headlights and tail lights. This stuff made a huge difference on my Lumina and my bro's Voyager. My Dad tried it on his Safari too, and said "its kinda like Armor All, but better."

I'm waiting for the sun to go down to try the headlights to see if the cleaning stuff made any difference, and to aim one light, cause its too high.

@warwgn3

Do you still need new headlight assemblies? I have both in great shape, they really aren't yellowed at all. They came from a 92' Lumina Euro..... If you still need one send me a PM.... you can have one for $10 +shipping....

The Lumina adjusters are a little different, they may have just the little clip, but the threaded rod and adjusting screw are a sealed unit that clip to the bezel, with a ball-and-socket type deal. You can't even see the point where the adjusting scrw and rod connect.... its all sealed in a little box for the right/left adj. and a plastic tower with abs glued caps for the up/down. There isn't any way to open it with deystroying it....I tried...

Ok did a little research..... here are some parts numbers for you.

Left horiz. adj. assembly 16509367

Right horiz. adj. assembly 16509368

plastic clip for horiz. adj. assembly 16506617 (2 required per side)

left vert. adj. assembly 16509369

right vert. adj. assembly 16509370

plastic clip for vert. adj. assembly 16506617 (2 required per side)

all of these parts are still available from GM except part# 16509368

16509368 is however available from newgmparts.com, which deal with VPI, Inc. VPI bought up most of our W parts when GM did an inventory reduction, and they sell them back to other companies like newgmparts.com. So if you do need to buy it from newgmparts.com, you can be sure it will be genuine GM. I have dealt with them a few times now, and they do a good job of getting you what you need, and thier customer communication is excellent.