shitty headlights or night blindness?

warwgn3

Ok, well, let me start off that I'm not a big fan of driving at night in the first place, buuuut.....

Are W-Body headlights normally that bad? or is it me? Cause when I drive at night, I can't see for shit. All I see are 2 square dots on the road. I used to have German made E-Code headlights on my old Parisienne Wagon, and they worked wonders for visibility. I love those lights, they are the best headlights I have (I put the American DOT's back in and kept the E-codes when I sold the wagon.)

I'm also having trouble aiming the Lumi's headlights, cause the drivers side light is broken. I can move it up and down freely with my hand, so its pretty much aim-less. Is that fixable? or do I need a replacement headlight?

I'm actually thinking of getting a set of mini-quad style headlights from a Cutlass to wire up as a second set of low beams for more lighting, and mounting them in the fog light openings of the front bumper.

Any ideas on how I can address this problem?

you cant see anything with mini-quads. Especially when its raining out. I even have the sliverstars in there. I dont knot how much brighter I can get without having to re-wire anything.

x2 on how dirty are the headlights? You can clean them inside and out to make a huge diffrence

My headlights are pretty dirty. they turned yellow and shitty, just as most other plastic composite headlights do. Thats why I think that glass sealed-beam headlights are better, imho.

anyone know where I can get new lights to fix my aiming problem?

my mini-quads aren't bad, but my dad's 90 CS has the clear composite headlamps and those things fucking rock the house.

I think you just need to get some housings that aren't fogged

Well, when I had my T-Bird, I couldn't believe how awesome the visibility was with the GTP's miniquads. Maybe they were just aimed in a lucky way, but they were 100x brighter than the 'Bird's lights. Even with the new Grand Am, the old miniquads still looked pretty bright.

Maybe try cleaning your composites as best you can, get some brighter bulbs, and re-aim them a little?

well with my GTP they are aimed pretty bad, and i want to aim them but im not sure how high i can aim them without blinding people?

also i noticed that w body cars have some shitty headlights man, they are junk even with highbeams on, the onyl thing i liked about my olds cierra sl pos car was that the headlights and highbeams were rediculous for stock lights

does piaa make bulbs for the gp's ? or any w body ?

Maybe try cleaning your composites as best you can, get some brighter bulbs, and re-aim them a little?

I'll try cleaning them as soon as I can figure out how to take them apart, and what product to use (I'm assuming dish soap isn't strong enough)

Brighter bulbs are definately on my list.

As for aiming them, only one headlight is aim-able, if you saw the you-tube clip I put up... how am I suppoesed to aim that light, since it just flops up and down?

I'd replace at very minium that one.if the adjusters work on the other one, should be able to be cleaned up good with a rotary buffer and rubbing compound. one thing i've noticed about the lumina headlights is that the adjusters get coroded and bind up real good over the years. it took me awhile to get the adjusters working good again on my new (used) head lights. but plenty of penetrateing oil and patience will get far with them.

however i've never really been impressed with my headlights, mabie its because i've never really had them aimed properly, but time will tell with these new ones.

I love the lights on my Lumina...low beams are decent...high beams do wonders...along with the fog lights which perfectly fill in the gap between the headlights and road where the lights don't hit...I'm quite happy driving at night..

My lights kick ass now. All I did was swap them out for the Sylvania Cool Blues, they are 10 times better than my old ones, and I can't aim them yet (broke a bolt :redface: Q-ball apparently got me a new one on his trip to the wreckers yesterday)

Eventually I will end up replacing each lense with new units, cause the old ones are moderately fogged.

Jamie

either take some turtle wax rubbing compund to the exteriors or tak the assembly apart and clean the insde

How do I do that? My brother tells me that composite lights don't come apart, so I can't clean the inside.

I hate driving at night, my eyes suck. I have to turn off my HUD cause it distracts me along with other lights. My miniquads suck (I have Silvanias in them) but they do need to be adjusted a bit.