Need help with my HUD/DIC install on a Non pre-wired car (94-96 GP)

blackbombshell95

I have a 1995 Grand Prix SE that is NOT pre-wired for a DIC/HUD :willynilly:. There is no doubt that it is not prewired. As I have 2 GP's here and 1 is prewired and the other Is NOT.

I need the wiring diagrams for the HUD and DIC. Can anyone post those for me?

Who has done this wiring harness before and is their a write up for it? (I was unable to find one using search)

I have a nice clean HUD/DIC wiring harness pigtail. The question that I have is where exactly do I splice or connect those wires into? I've read in the past about a c100? What is that and where is it located? Anybody have a picture of what it looks like?

Any help is much appreciated. If you want you can message me on MSN messenger @ sorceror73@hotmail.com

Thanks

Corey

Thanks for the link. I read that already today. Adam's car is prewired. I need info on a car that isn't prewired though. It did have some good info from what I remember.

in FAQ my thread tells you what the wires are.

I also have the cluster pinouts for your cluster, but you'll have to wait till monday night for me to post those.

I'll wait until monday night

This DATA pertains to all 94+ gen 1 clusters, except chevy. I hope this helps you out!

sorry about the delay!

C1 GRN/WHT low fuel output to HUD

C2

C3 PNK switched ignition

C4 BRN SIR/airbag warning

C5 YEL/BLK low coolant

C6 DK BLU (Pontiac)second gear start indicator

C6 WHT (Buick) cruise indicator

C7 TAN oil pressure

C8 BRN/WHT low oil indicator

C9 GRY illumination (back lighting)

C10

C11

C12 YEL seat belt indicator

C13 DK GRN VSS speedo

C14 PPL fuel guage

C15 blank

C16 BLK ground

D1 BRN/WHT malfunction indicator lamp

D2 ORN charge indicator

D3 GRY security indicator

D4 DK BLU right turn indicator

D5 LT GRN hi beam indicator

D6 LT BLU left turn indicator

D7 LT GRN low traction indicator

D8 DK GRN engine coolant warning signal to HUD

D9 DK GRN engine coolant temp signal to guage

D10 WHT abs warning indicator

D11 TAN/WHT brake warning indicator

D12 WHT analog tach signal

D13

D14

D15

D16 BLK ground

Thanks. So basically I have splice my hud harness into those wires. I just need to get access to mitchells or alldata and find the colors of the other wires and where they are located at. Thanks!

So i'm guessing not all of those items are required to be plugged in. I can just do like the speedo and the turn signals if i wished?

Does the hud display all that info on the windshield??? like 2nd gear start etc?

Just to clear this up, that schmatic there is for the pigtail that comes off of the HUD projector?

No, the computer or whatever it is called in the engine bay.....i'm having a brain fart right now.

EDIT:

ECU IIRC.

Just to clear this up, that schmatic there is for the pigtail that comes off of the HUD projector?

the post in this thread is for the guage cluster. It has two actual outputs to the HUD. If they are absent, you may have to add pins. all of the rest of the hud wiring can be spliced into wiures that lead to the cluster.

the wiring pinouts for the HUD, and HUD Switch are in the FAQ HUD thread