battery isolator

one_fast_prix

how can i test to see if my isolator is working and working correctly? i can't test it with a multimeter because if the battery is charged i obviously get around the same voltage or can i?

actually I saw what you got, Its the 200 A relay. it will work for you its not a true isolator though. it will make both batteries charge at the same time and if you have both batteries charging along with the amp/system, and cars accessories,lights going thats quite a strain on the alt but oh well.

well, i tested to see if it was coming on at least. you can hear the relay click when you turn the key on, however when i directly listened for it nothing. then i took my ignition wire off the relay and tested it. i have juice when the key's on. so the relay's not even coming on now. what a piece of shit. does anybody have any idea on another isolator that they've had success with?

all four wires are connected. the relay used to engage. does not anymore. took the ign. wire off and i have juice to it when the key's on and not when the key's off. sounds like the relay's bad to me.

oh, my bad. try one of those 120 or 160 amp isolators. scroll down some more. the 220 looks like it may be overkill. or use the 1 battery trunk mount setup and do away with dual battery hassles.