Dent Repar from the Ricers

93 Grand Prix

For those who have dents from the weather, We rice boys found something out! Some of Yall might already know this, but I didn't. Dry-ice pulls dents out! (http://www.dryiceinfo.com/other.htm#HAIL%20DAMAGE)

This would have been very useful when I had the GP! Many on our board have done this with success. Just be careful about the paint.

So what do you think...We rice boyz are good for something! Oh yeah...you know the fart can exhaust that yall can't stand...We don't like them either!!! They give us a bad rep.

Also, I did get time to race my cousin in her 96 Monte Z. I don't have to tell you who won, but I did come close. Altimas have mid-to-hi end power, where that is where W-body's tend to loose there power! It doesn't matter though. I can still whoop a CIVIC'S AZZ :!: Ain't that all that matter!

P.S. Yall ain't to far from the Rice Burner scene yourselves...I saw that GP body kit!

My friend fixed a front bumper cover on an Aztec with snow and a heat gun.

Are you sure it was a dent? I could have been the way the Asstek was designed! :puke:

Dry Ice will condense metal and thereby shrink small dents on your car. Place the Dry Ice on the inside of the dent if possible. Use heavy gloves and press flat sheet against dent. If it is not possible to get on the inside concave part of the dent, then using heavy gloves hold the Dry Ice so a corner can fit into the bottom lowest part of the cratered dent. Hold the Dry Ice until the metal is frosted at least 2 inches beyond the dent. Let the metal warm up (in the sun is the best) and repeat the procedure. Sometimes the dent will pop out perfectly. More often it will not be possible to get a flat smooth finish, but the dent will be reduced noticeably. Creased metal will still show the crease line but the dent will be far less pronounced. I have not seen any paint damage, but I'm sure if the paint is not strongly adhered, it could peel away.

Now, you're telling me you've got to dig all the way down (body panels, etc.) to reach it from behind? Damn... that doesn't help me a bit... wonder if anyone has done it on top of the dent?

- RedFox340

Ha ha ha! I think it was a design originally from the factory.

Are you sure it was a dent? I could have been the way the Asstek was designed! :puke:

Yeah, the old guy that owned it hit a snow bank.

Its white with white cladding, so its not as bad as it could be, but still hideous.

you know, I knew about the dry ice trick for 5 years, and the idea has been around for a long friggin time, so dont act like rice boys invented anything other than noise pollution and half body colored interiors. What else did rice boys invent? The rear window defroster? The autodim mirrors?

P.S. Yall ain't to far from the Rice Burner scene yourselves...I saw that GP body kit!

Anyone can rice anything, but for the most part us 1st gen w-bodies are pretty safe, not counting that orange cutlass...

What else did rice boys invent? The rear window defroster? The autodim mirrors?

* model specific blinker fluid

* performance muffler bearings

* can of increased compression ratios

Anything else? I know theres a few more... :lol:

- RedFox340

you know, I knew about the dry ice trick for 5 years, and the idea has been around for a long friggin time, so dont act like rice boys invented anything other than noise pollution and half body colored interiors. What else did rice boys invent? The rear window defroster? The autodim mirrors?

I was not saying that rice boys invented this, Nobody invented it!!! It is just there :evil: But if you knew about it Why THE HELL aint you said anything when people spoke of having DENTS! :!: :!: These would have been great times to say something!

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3900&highlight=dent+repair

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3762&highlight=dent+repair

1) Hard to buy dry ice, need to know how to handle it properly.

2) not foolproof. If there's any crease on the dent it wont remove it all. Also if the dent is anywhere near a bodyline or crease, it will create a "flat spot" even if the body panel is slightly curved, it can create a flat spot. All it does is tighten the metal, which the tightest the sheetmetal will get is the shape it was produced, flat.

I've known about this for 8-years. :lol:

I never mentioned it, because I've never tried it. For everyone else who has mentioned it on other boards, they also say they never tried it.

For every 1 person that comes out and says they've tried it and it works, there are 10 that reply saying they tried it and it DIDN'T work.

Then there are 20 that reply to that, saying they should have just taken it to paintless dent removal.

So I usually just skip the middle men and say "take it to paintless dent removal".

id rather have sex with a woman with a moustache and hairy legs than drive that monstrosity

Not to be a post whore, but I've seen pictures in National Geographic of far away lands where I can only assume that men would kill to have sex with hairy women.

Altimas have mid-to-hi end power, where that is where W-body's tend to loose there power! It doesn't matter though. I can still whoop a CIVIC'S AZZ :!: Ain't that all that matter!

Yup I love my Alti's mid to high end 3-5k RPM, I can get all the way up to 60 in 2nd w/out having to go to 3rd. Yes killing Accords and Civics is wat itz all about. I've even beat Accords while sitting behind them at a light....

ummm about the dent I have no input

peace out!

My neighbor went to one of those so called hail repair shops and yes they did get all the little dings out from a bad hail storm that we had.He was happy about how his truck looked until I showed him how his hood and door panels were real wavie after he had it done.They dont tell you that the dry ice treatment might cause the metal to be wavie afterwards plus for what he paid to have the dings fixed with the dry ice treatment he could have had the hole truck painted and repaired right.

I have never heard of a shop that uses dry ice.

Paintless dent removal shops use special hardened metal tools and massage the dent out from behind the panel. Quality of the repair depends on the person doing the work - it's an art form, and some people are better artists than others.

Having dings repaired a way that requires refinishing is not usually a good idea. Factory paint is usually more durable than repaints. It doesn't matter how smooth, shiny, or perfect a repaint is, it's not as durable as factory paint. Eggs, bird doo, bug guts, etc. more readily etch repaints than factory paint. I'm not sure why this is the case, but maybe because paint is cured to a higher temperature in the factory. Plus, sometimes you end up with Bondo or other fillers on the panel that will warp or bubble over time. Not good.

Paintless is almost always the way to go if you find someone who's real good and can avoid drilling holes into the inner bracing.

Anyone can rice anything, but for the most part us 1st gen w-bodies are pretty safe, not counting that orange cutlass...

ehh... i don't think that car is that bad... that's one HELLUVA install, and i like thsoe wheels, too.