Edit: Check those 95-96 Regal door panel screws.

ron350

This is probably old news but here it is again.

The black screws that hold the plastic door panels on can back out and break the plastic molding that covers the gap between the door jamb rubber and the carpet.

Guess that plastic gets brittle after 10 years.

Found this out the hard way today so check those screws.

Sounds to me like you overtightened the screws to make it crack. A plastic piece like that would be incredibly easy to pull from another regal at your local parts yard, and should cost you maybe $5.

Oh well it looks like the 95 and 96 Regal’s, are the only W-body’s that have these screws holding the door panels on.

All the other W-body’s I saw at the junkyard today did not have any screws holding the door panel on.

On my 4 door Regal when you open a door you see 2 screws holding (helping to hold) the plastic door panel to the door. One screw is located above the door latch and the other is below the latch. I looked closely today and can see that every screw head makes contact with the rubber seal and the plastic molding between the seal and the carpet. All it took was for that one screw to back out just a little and brake the plastic carpet molding when the door was slammed shut.

both of the door panels on my car on the bottom by the hinges have those two screws on them...both are snapped off....doesn't affect much at all

yeah ive got that on mine too...and IIRC the only one tahts broke is the drivers front door

both of the door panels on my car on the bottom by the hinges have those two screws on them...both are snapped off....doesn't affect much at all

On my old car the door hinges were worn out... doors sagged a bit. The interior grabbed when I opened the door. Maybe just on GPs?