GP bodykit! YIKES!!

GrandPrix34

Saw a youngster the other week in a first gen red Intrepid with a tall thing in the style of those early 70's orange Dodge Daytona Super Bees or what ever they were. Any of you guys old enough to remember them? They were an odd site in their day, today their worth something like 50,000 last I saw. Anyone remember the first whale-tail turbo 930 Porsches ? something like 74 to 76 cant remember. They were a 164 mph car looked great , flared out fenders, fat tires, these bolt on's for toy cars just make a discrace of what was necessary for some of the old high performance cars they originated on.

The Porsche was a real beauty, not much different in appearence from what it still is . It was the first production car that could be bought for public roads that went that fast. Many were close and soon to follow but that was "the car" . Back then it was like $28,000. That same basic car has mostly dominated road racing in its class since the mid 70's, I guess it was a home run, it sure looked like one back then . Just a glorified VW beatle ! Way glorified.

I remember the Superbees, and Charger Daytonas. Not because I'm old enough, but cause I'm still a total musscle car freak. And yes, those Superbees are running about $50,000 in realy good condition, and the Charger Daytonas w/ the Hemi 4 speed in mint shape are pulling over $110,000. Without the Hemi, about $90,000 to $100,000

did somethin take the link from me in anotha thread that i posetd in bout grand ams n found the gp kit at the site cas honestly the kit aint that new i have known bout it for some time now