Redrilling rotors

GnatGoSplat

i was thinking of making a longer bracket to use the stock calipers/mounts. looks like you can grind the welds off a factory bracket to get it off the spindle, and use it as a template to make/have one made that extends it out farther to fit a bigger rotor, as long as the rotor hub is the same depth this would work.

you need to talk to pocket-rocket, he has something like that done brakewise on his car. They are some Corvette HD rotors, 13" up front i think.

My dad could do it, but you probably wouldn't want to ship them clear to a little town in Ohio just to get them done. I wouldn't be suprised though if they ask to keep them for a couple days, just to get them all right. I know whenever my and my dad go to his shop to work on stuff, or to make custom stuff, he takes like a million measurements, and he is very precise. Also, be ready to cash out a little money too.

I also forgot to mention that some of the other guys that work at the same shop bring in there engines and do a lot of porting, polishing, and valve jobs there. They mainly build custom, 1 of a kind machines for companys to make certain parts, like fuel rails for Ford, a bike frame for a Honda motorcycle, all kinds of stuff. They also do have the technology to make custom parts there, but thats not there thing. I'm sure if I could talk my dad into it, he could make a nice set of headers, even a full exhaust system. It just that it takes time and money.

Yeah, I do wonder how much money it would cost.

Redrilling rotors, is that expensive? If it's very expensive, I might be just as well off to elongate the existing holes by 2.5mm inwards using a Dremel.

As far as the custom brackets, that would take numerous measurements for certain. I can imagine it would cost a lot of money, and I'd have to pay to get this done because I don't have access to milling equipment.

The calipers and rotors themselves may end up being the cheapest part of the endeavor.