few HU pics

Psych0matt

Blaupunkt Monterrey mp35

Only reason I bought it was because it plays mp3 cds, but it actually has a ton more features than my 7 year old pioneer (which I'll probably put in the blazer). I like it so far. it may be a little odd, but i like it.

(school server seems to be down, check back later :willynilly:)

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

MP3 on DVD-R/RW was cool when it came out 2yrs ago (first HU I remember with that feature was Kenwood DDX7015), but now the "in" thing is seamless iPod control. 20, 30, or 40GB vs. 4.7GB, no contest!

<<<<not a real big "ipod" fan :neutral:

What's not to like?

A good HU w/iPod control is as easy to navigate on the HU as MP3's on CD, displays titles, etc. I have my iPod hidden away in the glovebox and the only way you realize it's there is the 15GB of music available from the HU in "iPod" mode (yeah, nowhere near full). Adding a new album only takes a few minutes, all I have to do is bring the iPod into the house, plug it into my PC, and wait a few seconds for auto-sync to finish. Way better and faster than adding a new folder to a CD-RW via multisession.

Better than that would be USB so you wouldn't need an iPod, but could use any USB flash drive, external USB hard drive, etc., but USB-equipped HU's are very rare, and all the ones I've seen with it only have a USB jack on the front panel which makes an invisible integrated solution rather impossible.

They also have those HUs with a built-in hard drive so you can store music, but that's totally 4 years ago too :willynilly:

Yeah, those suck, they can only rip from uncompressed Audio CD's. I remember Sony had one that was $1200 or so. Ouch!

i think i might have to migrate all my pictures to a different server. i can access them all via ftp, but none are showing up the way ive always linked them :dunno: but anyways, I've had the pioneer for probably 6 years or so,so it was time for something else, and the price/features totally outweighed not getting it. yeah, i know it's 5 years ago, but im not about to spend 300$ on something brand new and exciting when i have other things to pay for :-D

Looks good dude! (get some gas in your car though...lol)

I know your pain though, I got a Pioneer DEH-P6600 which is Great and sounds awesome, but no Mp3. I really really want an Mp3 player but can't justify spending the money on it when mine works great for now. I'd LOVE to find something like that though....