Pioneer Speakers

PJB

Go with the Pioneers, but get a 4 channel amp with them. I hate running my speakers off of the deck, they are usually more prone to distortion due to lack of power. Pioneers are mid-level speakers that aren't too expensive but provide a good bang-for-the-buck deal. Personally, i"ll got with a component set in the rear instead of 6X9's, but it isn't anything wrong with 6X9's.

Pioneer is good bang for the buck, so is Infinity. Take a look for Alpine Type-S, too. Avoid Kenwood (I watched a pair of 6x9s playing and the tinsel leads were sparking against themselves as the speaker moved, not good!!), Sony, Blaupunkt, and Jensen.

An amp can never hurt, but it's probably not neccesary unless you get components or some pretty serious coaxials.

Sorry to say pioneer speakers suck no matter what flavor.

Redzmonte, you chose PP over Infinity Kappa's what are you smoking.

First I tried to chreap out when I bought my Pioneer HU and got pioneer speakers which suck ass, they were as bad or worse than the originals, I think that says a lot. I currently have Infinity 4x6's up front 6x9's out back and a 10" Alpine TypeS running off a Kenwood 350Watt Amp. I have also ported my trunk to the interior as there wasn't sufficient air space.

Infinity rock and properly powered pound, like hard. I've had to show people my trunk as they wouldn't believe all I had was 6x9's (before I bought sub) Try driving a 100 watt RMS through your pioneer and see how fast they fall apart.

For what it's worth, I installed these 6.5" speakers into my door, mated to an alpine amp and the sound couldn't be better or cleaner for the money. The blue Pioneer speakers are more of a "meant for a car about to be sold" but the quality of the white speakers are quite good. These 6.5's sound better than the 6x9 sony's in the rear, and the 4" Rockfords in the dash. Matter of fact I have the alpine amp turned up just a hair higher so the image of sound is coming from the front (with the bass from the back) and it's great h130TSA1767.jpeg